Notices

I havent lost weight in 2 months but on a 488cal deficit

Old 12-30-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kiltman
While you state your calorie deficit, you haven't stated your caloric intake.
It is according to the weight goal>progress>calorie budget

Calories Burned:

Calories Eaten:

Calorie Restriction:

Top number being goal bottom number being actual. So I burn a few more than the goal and eat a few more than the goal but it is not so off to make 2 of 4 and a half months of logging not lose weight.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by derpderpderp1
What is FJ? And yes I take fish oil, I forget to track it sometimes.

Fitness Journal?
Sorry. I meant Food Journal. You should take 3 grams of fish oil a day for some weight loss benefit. I was taking 5 grams a day when I hit a plateau and I think it helped. I've read studies that show 7 grams a day is effective for weight loss.

No Chromium? Chromium works to give you insulin sensitivity. The combination of Fish Oil and Chromium on insulin levels is remarkable. Especially if your doing some high glycemic stuff, which I noticed.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

That's a lot of fish oil. I take 1g a day in supplementation, I'd imagine that my food doesn't have much of any.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
That's a lot of fish oil. I take 1g a day in supplementation, I'd imagine that my food doesn't have much of any.
Well, it's cheap and it doesn't have any side effects.

How Much Fish Oil Should You Take?

Based on the three studies cited above, it looks like 1.5 to 2.0 grams per day of combined DHA/EPA is the right dose when fat loss is the goal (although some suggest you should consider body weight when choosing the dosage, i.e., 1 gram total fish oil for each 20 lbs body weight, so a big guy might go with as much as 3.0 grams)

Most fish oil capsules come in 1,000 mg size at a 30% concentration, so if you took five 1000mg capsules a day (5 grams of total fish oil), that would give you 1.5 grams of EPA/DHA; about the same as you’d get in 3 ounces (85 g) of salmon.

Note: other studies on fish oil and fat loss tested 3.0 to 4.0 g/day of EPA/DHA, but the American Heart Association has warned against taking more than 3 g EPA/DHA per day without a physician’s supervision, as there may be some contraindications or side effects possible. Based on the research, more fish oil will NOT burn more fat, so be wary of the “mega dose gurus.”
Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Sorry. I meant Food Journal. You should take 3 grams of fish oil a day for some weight loss benefit. I was taking 5 grams a day when I hit a plateau and I think it helped. I've read studies that show 7 grams a day is effective for weight loss.

No Chromium? Chromium works to give you insulin sensitivity. The combination of Fish Oil and Chromium on insulin levels is remarkable. Especially if your doing some high glycemic stuff, which I noticed.
How much Chromium should I take and what stuff is high glycemic. Like Pizza? But do you really think that I stopped losing weight because of insulin levels?
Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by derpderpderp1
How much Chromium should I take and what stuff is high glycemic. Like Pizza? But do you really think that I stopped losing weight because of insulin levels?

200 - 400 mcg of Chromium, in the form of Chromium Nicotinate, per day is sufficient.

What stuff is glycemic: GI Database

I suggest cutting out all white breads, sugars, and to limit processed food if you're serious about busting the plateau.

Here are some other suggestions that I've found worked which you can decide if you'd like to try some other things: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post62532
Old 12-30-2011, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
200 - 400 mcg of Chromium, in the form of Chromium Nicotinate, per day is sufficient.

What stuff is glycemic: GI Database

I suggest cutting out all white breads, sugars, and to limit processed food if you're serious about busting the plateau.

Here are some other suggestions that I've found worked which you can decide if you'd like to try some other things: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post62532
The link GI Database does not work.
I need help figuring out how many calories my body uses in a day. I have had varying results from different calculators and I am unsure of my activity level. I have lifted weights 3 times a week for over 4 months and done some cardio here and there. In September/October the value that Fitday gave seemed pretty accurate as I was eating around a 500cal cut and losing 1lb/week but that stopped in November/December. I was poking around with the activities and logged sleep and saw that it would make my cals burned nearly match up my cals eaten but it doesn't seem right because I didn't log sleep in September/October yet lost weight.

I almost feel like I have a fundamental problem such as eating too many calories wile thinking it is a cut but I haven't changed much in diet/exercise from September/October to November/December but perhaps you could look at my foods a bit more for me and see if you spot any differences and the activities tab is not accurate for me because I didn't log things all the time which I now regret.

There is so much information on the profile now that I feel like I should maybe start a new one so I can see more accurate and current statistics rather than a broken and incomplete 4 month log. I think I am good with logging foods correctly but now I have to log activities correctly as well including sleep which I had no idea about. I thought sleep was in the lifestyle/activity level.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

I have been running for a week or so now and the week before Christmas I weighed 206 and on that Friday 205. I was running 30 mins a day fasted in the morning. This week I weighed 206 then 205 and today 202. I was running 60 mins a day fasted in the morning. It appears to be water weight but I won't really be sure that that was the problem until I get down to 198 which would be my projected weight loss I think. It definitely is water weight as I could not have lost 3 pounds in a few days from my diet/cardio. I just am curious if I could actually have had enough water weight to mask my weight loss. How much water weight can a normal person have and how much can someone with thyroid problems have (I read you can retain more with a thyroid problem).

I'm not sure about taking Chromium because I haven't really researched it and have not heard about it before. Plus it appears that my problem is water weight not insulin levels all tho it could still be beneficial and I will look in to it.

I'd like to thank everyone for your help so far.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Just want to let you know I'm still here. I've just been a bit busy attending to some things. But I'll get back with you soon.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

I lift weights and I'm trying to log it, there is light and vigorous not sure what category mine falls in. I do:

A Day
Squats 40x5 80x5 120x5 160x5 160x5 160x5
Bench Press 25x5 50x5 75x5 100x5 12x50 120x5 120x5
Deadlift 70x5 120x5 170x5 220x5 270x5

B Day
Squats 40x5 80x5 120x5 160x5 160x5 160x5
Overhead Press 20x5 40x5 6x50 80x5 95x5 95x5 95x5
Pendlay Rows 25x5 50x5 75x5 100x5 125x5 125x5 125x5

Alternating A and B days 3 times a week AxBxAxx BxAxBxx. And it takes about 1-1.5 hours maybe 2, haven't really kept track of it but I did today and it was 1.5 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.