2012 is the year of change - from 330 to 220

Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

That's great, keep it up!!!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-18-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I've now had a personal trainer for a month, and really been more active lately... looks like in the 5 weeks I lost around 8 pounds, which i'm pretty happy about, but know I can do more if I focus harder.

I'm going on a holiday in July, so my goal right now is to get down to 299 before doing it -- I now have about 18 lbs to go in 8 weeks, so it seems dooable, just need to remain dedicated. I'm hoping to smash that goal and go beyond it too... time to crank it up!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:42 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Eight pounds in five weeks is great progress. Good luck on your journey to your target in July.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I had a weigh in with my trainer the other day and am now around 310 lbs, which means I've lost around 23 pounds to date this year (mostly in the last 3 months) -- I'm pretty happy thus far, but still have a fair bit to go (about 90 pounds).

I'm slowly noticing clothing is fitting better, and I'm getting more capable of making it through an hour long weight lifting session without dying (yay). Of course, as I do better, my trainer makes it harder, d'oh!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Eat Less - Move More

Well Everyone

Just in case anyone is wondering (and looking in at this site), like I did nearly two months ago, IT WORKS. Although there were ups and downs in the last two months, overall I'm down nearly a stone.

I've started running 10K once a week on a treadmill, and although hard at the start, it does get easier.

My two top tips:

1) Record everything you eat in Fitday......it makes you think and programmes you over time to make more sensible choices in the main.

2) Never miss the "Once a week" gym/runs, as although I didn't want to go a lot of the times, you always feel better at the end of it.

Start Weight: 188.5 lbs
Current Weight 175 lbs

Current Weight Loss 13.5 lbs

Goal Weight 160 / Mid August
Old 06-24-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So another update -- been getting more active, taking longer walks more frequently, and getting my ass killed at the gym by my trainer, and it seems to be working. I'm now at 306lbs as of this morning.

I've gotten to this point a few years ago, but this is where it always fizzled out -- for the first time in years, I know i can get past this and exit the 300 mark for good. I don't think I've been under 300 in more than 10 years, so its a big milestone for me!

For anyone who wants to lose a lot of weight, invest the money into a trainer -- its not only ongoing accountability, but he/she will push you past what you think you can do. In the past 10 weeks, I've lost 17 pounds already... more than I would have on my own, and I've learned how to work out on my own in a focused way.

People are also starting to notice the weight loss and I need to go buy some smaller clothing as they're now too big. I find that I'm also doing much better at the gym, and notice that I'm much more stable (not falling over), able to do the routine without too much struggle, and able to last an hour without running out of energy.

I'm hoping by the end of July, at the latest, I'll be in the 290s!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by thinkdavis
So another update -- been getting more active, taking longer walks more frequently, and getting my ass killed at the gym by my trainer, and it seems to be working. I'm now at 306lbs as of this morning.

I've gotten to this point a few years ago, but this is where it always fizzled out -- for the first time in years, I know i can get past this and exit the 300 mark for good. I don't think I've been under 300 in more than 10 years, so its a big milestone for me!

For anyone who wants to lose a lot of weight, invest the money into a trainer -- its not only ongoing accountability, but he/she will push you past what you think you can do. In the past 10 weeks, I've lost 17 pounds already... more than I would have on my own, and I've learned how to work out on my own in a focused way.

People are also starting to notice the weight loss and I need to go buy some smaller clothing as they're now too big. I find that I'm also doing much better at the gym, and notice that I'm much more stable (not falling over), able to do the routine without too much struggle, and able to last an hour without running out of energy.

I'm hoping by the end of July, at the latest, I'll be in the 290s!
Six pounds away from the "two hundred club"! You'll be there before you know it. What a great summer it's going to be for you--keep it up.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I thought i'd post an update today about my progress. For the past couple of weeks I think I've hit a bit of a plateau for weight loss (as well, my diet has been slightly off course more than normal). I'm working on bringing this back in line, and lose more weight.

My goal now is to get to 299 for the end of July -- Im around 306-8 right now, so I think its dooable. I've also got a trip coming up, that probably will result in a whole lot of walking.

The good news is, is I'm also seeing more and more changes in my body, and have been wearing smaller clothing. I'm about to donate a bunch of old shirts and pants that are too big now. While I hate seeing the $$ out the door, its a good feeling to know I won't ever need clothing that big again

I'm also now about 12 weeks into having a personal trainer, and finding the workouts getting a lot easier -- I have much more stability and strength, and can get through a 90 minute workout without feeling like I'd black out!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking 299!

Thought i'd post an update as its been a while -- over the last month or so I've continued to go see the trainer regularly (and get my ass kicked), do a lot more walking (taking the long way home) as well as go on vacation (and do a lot more walking then!).

All that, as of this morning, has got me out of the 300's and at 299! I'm not sure when the last time I've been in the 200's have been, but it probably would have been 10+ years ago!

This has always been a milestone I haven't been able to reach -- I know i'll fluctuate up into the 300's for a bit in the coming weeks, but I'm close to forever being out of the 300 club!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to say congratulations on breaking that 300 pound barrier. Keep up the good work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.