Notices

wearing a girdle

Old 08-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up wearing a girdle

I figured the word "girdle" would make someone click this. Do you wear one(aka Under Armour or a compression shirt)? I wear one on occasion depending on the shirt I have on.

I wonder if having something hold you in for a long period of time can have a lasting effect. Not really being serious, but it seems to work on the waistband of pants, the explosion usually starts above it... or below it depending on what you ate.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

I wore one a long time ago, under a specific dress for that "smoothing" effect. They suck, the whole time, every time, I wore it, I was uncomfortable. A girdle can cause a temporary effect on your size but I don't think wearing a girdle would cause permanent damage, because they are somewhat stretchy. However I know for a fact that wearing cinched corsets affected women (and men for that matter). Cinched corsets caused permanent damage to the rib cage and permanently relocated internal organs. Corsets also caused many women to be barren, as the constriction was too severe to allow the fetus to grow beyond a certain size.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

I was being sarcastic about a long lasting slimming effect.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

I used to wear the UA compression shirts when I first started running to keep things from jiggling too much, other than that, I really haven't had the need to
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

I wear a compression band around my waist when I go walking/running. It heats up my mid section a lot. I'm not really sure if it helps burn off the fat more, but I know it doesn't hurt.

I never thought of it as a girdle, but it kinda is I suppose.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

I won't even wear pantyhose. I can not stand being uncomfortable! What you see is what you get with me. If someone doesn't like it, that's their problem!

I recently had to wear a sexy red dress that is a thin fitted material. Wearing one of those body ones (don't know what they are called) probably would have made me look "awesome" lol when I wore it. But as long as my dress wasn't see through and no pantylines showed, I didn't care.

I secretly ditched the pantyhose/torso ones when I was in a fancy wedding. The bride and I made a "giggle stop" in the bathroom right before we lined up and I said "AWWWWW the FREEDOM!!!!" and tossed them. She "well damn!" and decided to toss hers too! You can't even tell in the wedding photos because my legs were tan anyways. We were trying not to crack up since there were over 300 guest watching, I think I snorted a few times!

I will wear boy shorts under certain short dresses but that's so I don't accidentally flash anyone. (ever walk over a subway grate in NYC, haha!)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

OMG, that is hilarious. When my brother got married one of the other bridesmaids and I did the same thing with our corset-like bras. The dresses were so tight through the bodice you couldn't tell at all. The other bridesmaid had an excuse, she was like 6 weeks pregnant, not me I'd just been drinking.