Notices

The mens locker room at the gym...[rant]

Old 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

I use to feel the same way, up until i joined the army.. then its like "You either get over it, or you will be known as the stinky guy in the platoon"

After that it doesnt bother me anymore
Old 11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

I'm gay and get freaked out in the locker room because I'm worried the straight guys there will think I'm just like that guy was to you. There are those of us out there that are not, and I appreciate that you seem to recognize it was an individual situation. (Though admittedly there's a reason for stereotypes.)

I also don't like to get changed in the locker room and use it for the restroom, sink, and storage only with a few exeptions. I've always been self-conscious about my body in front of anyone when changing, I would assume because of my weight. I do think it's funny how many older people let it all hang out.

So in short, yes I get uncomfortable around it and I wish gyms had a little more privacy for everyone. Let me further clarify by saying even if I had a six pack I don't think I'd be comfortable around it.

Shawn

Highest weight: 435 6/2009
Lowest weight: 278 4/2010
Weight when joining fitday: 324 11/7/11
Current weight: 323
Goal weight: 220lbs (then we'll see)
Old 11-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Shawn, welcome to FitDay. Yeah I know that all aren't like him but he sure made me feel uncomfortable. The older guys trip me out, they have no shame.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Yes. Some women will hang out naked, talking, no big. Others will change quickly. Old ladies usually don't give a shit.

People just have different levels of nudity comfort. You might want to change in the bathroom.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm the only guy there

Heck the only reason I do Zumba is to get a workout - BUT more importantly, is to look at the sweet girls infront of me

I was kicked out of a gym last year because I got too close to the instructor - guess she didn't like my woman jokes on facebook so eventually that was the end of that place LOL Don't matter to me, I do 3 different gyms with other Zumba girls and it's still fun. Will try a new place tomorrow. Lets see what the girls look like there....
Old 03-25-2014, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by iamgoingtobe200pounds
Yes. Some women will hang out naked, talking, no big. Others will change quickly. Old ladies usually don't give a shit.

People just have different levels of nudity comfort. You might want to change in the bathroom.
cool ! If you know any Zumba places with nakes young ladies let me know
Old 07-20-2014, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Well this thread is different. Lots of stereotyping I thought had gone out with the last century, but maybe that's because most of you are from a different country.

I don't understand it when you say guys don't look at other guys 'junk'. Of course they do. Gay, straight, intersex whatever, every guy looks at other guys 'junk'. In fact it's one of the so called man rules. Look at every one else junk to figure out whether they are bigger than you or not.

I'm gay and I have no hang-ups about nudity in general. I sunbathe on nude beaches, I've been on holiday to naturist hotels several times. I even went on a naked day trip into the mountains in Spain. Had a great time squashed in the back of a minibus with straight and gay men and women. No problem.

However gyms are something else. I hate the changing/nudity thing. No idea why. Probably it's because I don't want to be beaten up by some redneck who thinks that I'm hitting on him because my eyes stray over his awesome body 4 milliseconds too long.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rmnsuk
Well this thread is different. Lots of stereotyping I thought had gone out with the last century, but maybe that's because most of you are from a different country.

I don't understand it when you say guys don't look at other guys 'junk'. Of course they do. Gay, straight, intersex whatever, every guy looks at other guys 'junk'. In fact it's one of the so called man rules. Look at every one else junk to figure out whether they are bigger than you or not.

I'm gay and I have no hang-ups about nudity in general. I sunbathe on nude beaches, I've been on holiday to naturist hotels several times. I even went on a naked day trip into the mountains in Spain. Had a great time squashed in the back of a minibus with straight and gay men and women. No problem.

However gyms are something else. I hate the changing/nudity thing. No idea why. Probably it's because I don't want to be beaten up by some redneck who thinks that I'm hitting on him because my eyes stray over his awesome body 4 milliseconds too long.
I appreciate your opinion but disagree. Maybe it's because I'm straight or because I'm from the United States. I can promise you that looking at some other guys dick to see if it's bigger is NOT "man rules" in the straight community in the US. In fact, it's JUST THE OPPOSITE. One man doesn't piss in the urinal directly next to another man... for that very reason. Any straight guy from here will tell you this. You can call it stereotyping all you want but the fact remains that it's the old guys that walk around naked in the locker room. Speaking of stereotyping, why do you feel if some guy is uncomfortable at you eyeballing him while he's naked that he's going to turn out to be some redneck that beats you up? Maybe he's just some straight guy that doesn't want to have a gay guy (or any guy) eyeing him down? Are you stereotyping straight guys as violent rednecks?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-22-2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Last post in 2010. What happened - everyone fly the coop?