FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   The mens locker room at the gym...[rant] (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/4904-mens-locker-room-gym-%5Brant%5D.html)

Kumochi 08-06-2011 02:03 PM

LOL This site is so educational!! I have been hit on by women but never in the change room at the gym. I am usually so oblivious to come-ons by women that I don't pick up on it till my friends comment on them!

I agree a lot of comfort with nudity has to do with your upbringing. There was no nudity when I was growing up and my friends comment on how modest I am around them. Part of it is being overweight and having no desire for people to see me naked. One of my long time friends was shocked that I went skinny dipping with them last year but that's an entirely different context.

I think gay radar is vastly overrated. I know I have none. I have friends who are obviously gay and others you wouldn't know unless you were told.

As far as washroom comfort I guess we women should be glad we have stalls in our washrooms. Although there is that mystery of the fact we always go in groups. I always envied you guys for being able to pee standing up I may have to rethink that, LOL Mary

Urbanmule 08-06-2011 05:41 PM

Walking around naked isn't really a big problem, that being said I don't walk around the gym locker room naked... One time I saw my pastor at the gym butt ass naked... the service that sunday was interesting to say the least... Like stated earlier drawing naked figures in college and playing sports in high school pushed me out of my comfort zone, there is a time and place for everything.

almeeker 08-07-2011 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 52813)
oh yesssss! Man law, there should always be at least one empty urinal between you. If your at a bar and pissing in a troth you should be on opposite ends, but NOT facing each other. Look off in space, read the writing on the wall, what ever but your head should never go towards the other. Conversation is never allowed while standing next to another guy with your junk out.

I have to say that if women could pee standing up, we would certainly stand next to each other and gossip. Like Mary I'm going to have to rethink the advantages/disadvantages of peeing standing up. It's faster yes, but apparently the politics are mind boggling and fraught with disaster at every turn. Oy!

Mike, I'm just glad that you weren't born an ancient Roman, you would be constipated all the time. Roman restrooms were just long rows of openings in a bench and people went there to socialize, as well as take care of business.

almeeker 08-07-2011 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Urbanmule (Post 52862)
Walking around naked isn't really a big problem, that being said I don't walk around the gym locker room naked... One time I saw my pastor at the gym butt ass naked... the service that sunday was interesting to say the least... Like stated earlier drawing naked figures in college and playing sports in high school pushed me out of my comfort zone, there is a time and place for everything.

LOL, I'm so very glad to be a Catholic female right now. My chances of seeing our priest naked at the gym are slim to none. Thank the Good Lord, cause that man is the size of a mid sized sedan!

01gt4.6 08-07-2011 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 52877)
I have to say that if women could pee standing up, we would certainly stand next to each other and gossip. Like Mary I'm going to have to rethink the advantages/disadvantages of peeing standing up. It's faster yes, but apparently the politics are mind boggling and fraught with disaster at every turn. Oy!

Mike, I'm just glad that you weren't born an ancient Roman, you would be constipated all the time. Roman restrooms were just long rows of openings in a bench and people went there to socialize, as well as take care of business.

I couldn't do it just for the fact that they didn't have magazine back then. Now days, a guys has to have a magazine to help occupy his time.:D

almeeker 08-07-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 52879)
I couldn't do it just for the fact that they didn't have magazine back then. Now days, a guys has to have a magazine to help occupy his time.:D

Like I said, mind boggling politics and fraught with disaster, with or without said magazine. And BTW I know what sort of magazines you're talking about, for a very short period of my life I cleaned office buildings to make ends meet.

01gt4.6 08-07-2011 05:29 AM

Mine are car (mustang) magazines.

efduncan 08-07-2011 05:54 AM

Just too funny! Great TOPIC.

almeeker 08-07-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 52885)
Mine are car (mustang) magazines.

Suuuurrrre they are.

taubele 08-08-2011 03:35 AM

This thread is comedy gold. Just sayin'

For the record, I'm middle-of-the-road modest. I played a lot of high school sports and so my nudity tolerance is pretty high, but I was always overweight and self-conscious about it so I tried to shower alone. The girls tended to walk around half-naked or with their underwear on the locker room and I was always fine with that.

I also hate the sitting on chairs or benches with their naked butts and privates. I mean, gross. What if you're sitting where someone else's stuff was rubbing? I've seen far too much of that without even a towel down for protection. I think, though, my line is crossed when someone is naked and just starts talking to me like it ain't no thang.

I tend to go :eek: and just stare riiiiight at their face. I'm not bisexual, so it's not a fear-of-getting-aroused thing, it's like a...privacy thing. Theirs as well as mine. I just think 'Would we all not be more comfortable if there was a towel involved?'

I think bodies are beautiful, and we all have one, etc. but all I can think of is hygiene in cases like that. I don't want your body touching on that bench I'm sitting on, or in one case a bare-butted girl just SAT on my clothes. WTF? I felt dirty putting my shirt on cause...you know...STUFF >.>

I hope that doesn't make me seem OCD clean, or anything, I think I just had too many jobs where I had to clean up after people so I tend to think people are GROSS, lol.