Notices

New to Forum

Old 03-01-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to Forum

Hey all,

New to forum, used the site about 2 years ago but it didn't stick.

I would like to use this website as a tool to get back into my "pre-knee injury" physique. In 2008 I was in the 160's running 4 miles 3-4 miles a week, playing rugby and what not in college. I tore my acl which stopped all that immediately and I gained about 30lbs in the course of 3-4 months (still had the appetite of being active but was very sedentary)

Since then I've graduated college, got married and kept on gaining weight. Right now I am 24 years old, 5'11" at about 220. I know this is not the worse situation in the world but I keep moving in the wrong direction (3 years about 55lbs) so I thought I would get more involved in this site.

I want to get back into my pre-injury physique and maybe get back into playing Rugby again. I hope to get a lot of modivation from you all and maybe a kick in the arse if I need it (I know my wife won't!).
Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

x

Last edited by uga09; 02-07-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MirImage
Hey all,

New to forum, used the site about 2 years ago but it didn't stick.

I would like to use this website as a tool to get back into my "pre-knee injury" physique. In 2008 I was in the 160's running 4 miles 3-4 miles a week, playing rugby and what not in college. I tore my acl which stopped all that immediately and I gained about 30lbs in the course of 3-4 months (still had the appetite of being active but was very sedentary)

Since then I've graduated college, got married and kept on gaining weight. Right now I am 24 years old, 5'11" at about 220. I know this is not the worse situation in the world but I keep moving in the wrong direction (3 years about 55lbs) so I thought I would get more involved in this site.

I want to get back into my pre-injury physique and maybe get back into playing Rugby again. I hope to get a lot of modivation from you all and maybe a kick in the arse if I need it (I know my wife won't!).
Welcome to the forum and back to FitDay. You're wise to take action now--it just gets that much harder the more overweight and older you get, let me tell you!

If you get serious about it, I'd be surprised if you weren't pretty close to your goal by the end of the summer.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I think a big help will be keeping track of the food I eat. I big thing for me is I love beer (no I am not an alcoholic, I rarely get drunk!). I am actually a homebrewer. Anyways, I just need to remember to account for liquids too and stay away from the snacks that can accompany a nice beer.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I think a big help will be keeping track of the food I eat. I big thing for me is I love beer (no I am not an alcoholic, I rarely get drunk!). I am actually a homebrewer. Anyways, I just need to remember to account for liquids too and stay away from the snacks that can accompany a nice beer.
Ha ha--I hear ya' about the beer. A local microbrewer makes a Nut Brown ale that I just love. Of course, I buy it in 1/2 gallon growlers and one of those just goes down so easily. Alas, I now only enjoy this luxury once a month--just too darned many calories. It's a compromise that seems to be working pretty well for me--I don't have to "give it up" yet once a month doesn't seem to derail my weight loss like once a week does.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Ha ha--I hear ya' about the beer. A local microbrewer makes a Nut Brown ale that I just love. Of course, I buy it in 1/2 gallon growlers and one of those just goes down so easily. Alas, I now only enjoy this luxury once a month--just too darned many calories. It's a compromise that seems to be working pretty well for me--I don't have to "give it up" yet once a month doesn't seem to derail my weight loss like once a week does.

Regards,
Michael
Mmmmmm....beer...... "Beer Week" just passed in the town I live in.
I used to love going to the micro brew tasting festivals.... but no more. I did drink a couple of Murphy's Stout over the weekend and that was enough "empty calories" for me.

I figure I'll need to run at least 4 miles to burn off those beer calories, which I did this morning.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Had a shortfall already!

Mid March I ended up getting Mono and it actually affected my liver and I got Jaundice. I ended up missing/being on light duty for work for about 6 weeks, it sucked. Afterward I was so weak from being lethargic that I had no energy.

I did end up losing about 30 lbs over the course of being sick (not the way I wanted to). But since then I've gained about 10 back. Try to start getting more active now that I am feeling much better and my appetite is back. I started a coed softball team and we had our 1 games were on Sunday. I also need to get back into the habit of recording my calories.

Cheers.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Had a shortfall already!

Mid March I ended up getting Mono and it actually affected my liver and I got Jaundice. I ended up missing/being on light duty for work for about 6 weeks, it sucked. Afterward I was so weak from being lethargic that I had no energy.

I did end up losing about 30 lbs over the course of being sick (not the way I wanted to). But since then I've gained about 10 back. Try to start getting more active now that I am feeling much better and my appetite is back. I started a coed softball team and we had our 1 games were on Sunday. I also need to get back into the habit of recording my calories.

Cheers.
Sorry to hear of your illness, but congrats on getting back on track. By all means, lets keep that 20 pounds off! And yes, it is SO important to log everything, every day--for me that is really the key to all this.

Regards,
Michael