Notices

57 years old and 100 lbs to lose

Old 08-14-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Question 57 years old and 100 lbs to lose

I have gained 3-4 lbs a year for 34 years. I now weigh 305 lbs and do not want to live the rest of my life handicapped by my weight. My health is good but that will not last. I am also starting a new internet business writing and consulting on internet-based sales and marketing technology. I was 30 when I started my first business. I am much smarter now but need more energy.

Any suggestions for an old guy with big weight-loss goals?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Brock, welcome aboard.
If you get dedicated to the process I am sure you will find those 100 pounds will drop off quicker than you think. As far as suggestions go, I recomend keeping busy and drink lots of water. I find that I am much more likely eat when I am bored.

Good Luck.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

1500 calories with a 40/30/30 carb/fat/protien mix. Drink as much water as you can reasonably manage. Do "some sort" of exercise every day (walking is great). Log everything into FitDay religiously. This is what works for me.

Granted, you've got 10 years on me, but I had 100 pounds (plus) on you and got rid of 164 pounds in one year. If I can do it, so can you!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

I ran an app somewhere that told me to shoot for 2500 cal per day. I have been logging around 1900. I bet 1500 would really move things along.

Thanks to both you guys for the support.

Brock

Originally Posted by mecompco
1500 calories with a 40/30/30 carb/fat/protien mix. Drink as much water as you can reasonably manage. Do "some sort" of exercise every day (walking is great). Log everything into FitDay religiously. This is what works for me.

Granted, you've got 10 years on me, but I had 100 pounds (plus) on you and got rid of 164 pounds in one year. If I can do it, so can you!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-16-2011, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Fiber and protein will make you feel fuller for longer. Make sure you get plenty of these. Nobody mentioned sleep yet, it's a critical factor. And if you're currently used to 1900, I'd recommend gradually reducing your caloric intake if you're going to shoot for 1500. And of course exercise, even if it's just walking.