Notices

Plateau?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jason, I'm pretty hard to offend

And I wholeheartedly agree--if one exceeds the 400 pound mark (not once, but twice) then there is a problem there somewhere. Although I avoid head shrinkers, I think it's pretty safe to say that I have (and have always had) an eating disorder. Like I said, I've never in my life, ever, actually maintained a weight--it's always been going up or going down.

It's really funny that 330 feels REALLY good after being well over 400 six short months ago and barely able to walk a couple hundred feet without gasping for breath.

Anyway, I am trying to implement your suggestion of increasing the protien to fat ratio and the scale moved 4 lbs down last week. I have also decided to take your advice to further limit alcohol intake--I will see how once a month works out.

Thanks again for your valuable insight!

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Awsome!
Old 11-13-2010, 11:26 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Update

Looks like the "plateau" is gone for a while. After implementing some changes, the body has decided to seriously dump some weight. Have lost right around 15 lbs in the last two weeks--simply amazing!

Still eating roughly the same number of calories, except for keeping the weekends better under control, and no alcohol (still plan to have some once a month).

Have also:

Upped weekday excercise to a full mile walk at lunch time.

Stopped coodking my breakfast w/olive oil (for some reason it never occurred to me that this was a source of calories until reading Jason's food log (thanks again, btw.)) now use no-stick spray.

Made a modest attempt at keeping my protein to fat ratios better (not always successfully, but I do try).

That's it. I'm amazed that after 6 months of this I can go into turbo mode like this. Thanks again to all who posted suggestions in this thread!

Regards,
Michael