Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years. >

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Community
Notices

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Just noticed that I was at 337 when I started this tread on 10/5 so "technically" I only have 2.7 more pounds to lose for a 10% loss in body weight

337 - 306 = 31 pounds lost.

Still, I am committed to stepping into 2011 at under 300 pounds!

Have a great day everyone!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 12-16-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hello gentlemen, I haven't posted in a long time, largely because I haven't been dropping a lot of weight and I can't see myself meeting the 10% loss by New Year's. I've done a bit of traveling and life is busy, as I'm sure yours is. I have tried to eat well but the exercising has been sporadic. However, for the first time in I don't know how long, I weighed in under 190 pounds. I was actually really surprised. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm not going to fight it either. I'm just trying not to let up! Things are stressful and busy at work but hopefully after Christmas, I'll be able to get a good week of exercise and better eating in. That should put me on track again. But overall, the trend is down - just not as fast as I would like. But when I compare to where I was a year ago (abdominal pain, heartburn, food allergies and about 212 pounds), I think I can be quite pleased with where I've got to. Have a great week and Merry Christmas to you all!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by misfit36
Hello gentlemen, I haven't posted in a long time, largely because I haven't been dropping a lot of weight and I can't see myself meeting the 10% loss by New Year's. I've done a bit of traveling and life is busy, as I'm sure yours is. I have tried to eat well but the exercising has been sporadic. However, for the first time in I don't know how long, I weighed in under 190 pounds. I was actually really surprised. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm not going to fight it either. I'm just trying not to let up! Things are stressful and busy at work but hopefully after Christmas, I'll be able to get a good week of exercise and better eating in. That should put me on track again. But overall, the trend is down - just not as fast as I would like. But when I compare to where I was a year ago (abdominal pain, heartburn, food allergies and about 212 pounds), I think I can be quite pleased with where I've got to. Have a great week and Merry Christmas to you all!
Hey, good to hear from you. I'm glad you're feeling well, even if the weight loss hasn't been what you hoped for--sometimes life gets in the way. Congrats on staying out of the "twos"!

It's a bit early, but I'm thinking of a Lose 10% by April Fool's Day starting on 1/1 if you're interested.

Have a great holiday!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-18-2010, 12:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Challange Met!

Ol' Reliable, AKA my Pelouze 400 lb. capacity packing scale dutifully reports that I am exactly 300 pounds this morning, so 10% of my body weight is gone since we started this challange in October.

And, I'm one good bathroom visit away from my goal of stepping into 2011 displacing a mass of less than 300 pounds.

Have a great week, everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-18-2010, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, Michael. Keep it up.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 12

First off, contratulations Michael for making the 10% weight loss challenge.

I did not have as good of week. I was travelling all over. I attended several holiday parties and ate in restaurants all week thru the weekend. The consequence is a gained 2 lbs so i back at 215. I am not too concerened about it. I really dont think I overinduldge anywhere. I didn't get any exercise other than walking through airports.

I hope everyone has a good wekk.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jptfenwick
First off, contratulations Michael for making the 10% weight loss challenge.

I did not have as good of week. I was travelling all over. I attended several holiday parties and ate in restaurants all week thru the weekend. The consequence is a gained 2 lbs so i back at 215. I am not too concerened about it. I really dont think I overinduldge anywhere. I didn't get any exercise other than walking through airports.

I hope everyone has a good wekk.
Thanks!

2 lbs. is prettty good, after all that, I would say. Depending upon what I ate the day(s) before, I can see a 5 lb. swing or more just due to fluid/food retention. A couple days of low fiber, high sodium food and the scale will head North. Luckily, a day or two of being "good" will get it back into line.

I'm sure you'll blow through those 15 pounds to your next goal in no time.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default I made it.

Congrats Michael, on getting to 300. Keep going!

I made it on this challenge as well. As of this morning I weigh 188.8 lbs., going from 210 to 189 for a loss of 21 lbs. or 10%.

That's it for me on the deadline challenges. I'm in that range now where it going to be slow going. My body just doesn't want to give up the pounds like it did in the early going. My ideal weight target is 178, but more importantly, it's 150 lean and 28 fat pounds. This is gonna be some hard work!

Good luck to all and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mark999
Congrats Michael, on getting to 300. Keep going!

I made it on this challenge as well. As of this morning I weigh 188.8 lbs., going from 210 to 189 for a loss of 21 lbs. or 10%.

That's it for me on the deadline challenges. I'm in that range now where it going to be slow going. My body just doesn't want to give up the pounds like it did in the early going. My ideal weight target is 178, but more importantly, it's 150 lean and 28 fat pounds. This is gonna be some hard work!

Good luck to all and Happy Holidays!
That is just awesome, Mark--kudos to you!

If things work out as planned, I'll be where you are now at this time next year.

I, too, intend to take off the last pounds more slowly and try to build muscle at the same time.

Have a wonderful holiday and don't be a stranger.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-25-2010, 12:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Merry Christmas, everyone!

299.5 this morning

Have a great holiday!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.