Notices

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:23 PM
FitDay Member

Lost 2 lbs this week which is my first week.

I ate really smartly Monday - Thursday and exercised Daily. Friday, Saturday I had a few beers and didn't stick to my diet, and Sunday I played golf but Ate WAY to much.

I'm concerned that the aftermath of this weekend may affect next weeks weight but nothing I can do about it now other than eat well ALL week and exercise like a trooper.

There will be NO more alcohol for the short term.

A loss is a loss but as my teachers always said, I must do better!
Old 10-18-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week 3 check in

I have been following my plan of keeping carbs low around net 60, and calories at 1800 to 2000. I find when I keep carbs low i dont have much of an appetite. No alcohol for 3 weeks either. Weight oddly bounced up today. i dont know why. I worked hard in the yard all weekend, walked three miles briskly each night, drink only water, kept caloires low. I 'll blame it on the scale. it's kind of wonky. I still claim the 229 I averaged all weekend .
Old 10-19-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday, but I did get some good news from the scale! I lost another four pounds. I had gained back 14 pounds over the five weeks that encompassed my wedding and honeymoon, and in the last two weeks I have already dropped half of that! Very exciting.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in !!

I've hit a wall over the last 3-4 weeks and need some new motivation . . . think this challenge will help.

I started in June and lost my first 10% in September(315 to 280). I'm holding steady at 280 right now, but I've been 'off-plan' and out of the gym for the last month.

I'm new to the forums . . . how do y'all show your stats/progress in your signatures? Is that a manual process or am I missing something in profile settings???

Todd
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jptfenwick
I have been following my plan of keeping carbs low around net 60, and calories at 1800 to 2000. I find when I keep carbs low i dont have much of an appetite. No alcohol for 3 weeks either. Weight oddly bounced up today. i dont know why. I worked hard in the yard all weekend, walked three miles briskly each night, drink only water, kept caloires low. I 'll blame it on the scale. it's kind of wonky. I still claim the 229 I averaged all weekend .
Relying on an average reading might be a better way to go anyway. I have seen my own weight fluctuate as much as four pounds in a day, and that is using the reading from a very reliable industrial scale. I would suggest one of two things: either only weigh yourself once a week and be sure that you weigh in at the same time of day every time that you do so, or take several readings on consecutive days and average them out.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default how to create a signature

I think under quick links -up above there is a line for signature. you can create your signature in there.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default 20lbs to go

Hey Guys,

I weighed in on saturday and hit 226.5. I had a rough weekend following that though with sports and a wedding anniversary this week. So hopefully this saturday does not set me back. I am on track now and working extra hard to make up for it... starting weight 229. 20 more pounds to go by 12/31!
Old 10-21-2010, 09:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Checking a little early this week as I'll be away at camp for the weekend. Due to some good suggestions from fellow forumites, the plateau seems to be broken as the scale says 331 this morning so 4 lbs. down for the week

32 lbs left for the New Year's Challenge.

Have a great week everyone!

Michael
Old 10-24-2010, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default 24.10.10 weigh in

Originally Posted by BigBodTodd
I've hit a wall over the last 3-4 weeks and need some new motivation . . . think this challenge will help.

I started in June and lost my first 10% in September(315 to 280). I'm holding steady at 280 right now, but I've been 'off-plan' and out of the gym for the last month.

Todd
Still holding at 279. This after horrible eating at a church function yesterday. I have still not returned to my exercise plan and I practice very little self control when eating on the weekends.....so my 'plateau' is self-inflicted!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 4

I had a good week and stayed within 1800 to 2000 calories. no sugar/no simple carb/no alcohol. i briskly walked 2.5/3 miles each day. I needed to travel several days this week. It was a challenge but stayed on track. I lost 1pound, down to 227. I am glad for the loss, but i wish it was more. keep on going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.