Notices

Challenge: Lose 10% body weight by New Years.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default 4 lbs. to go!

I had some days where the scale was going up. I gained over 3 lbs. during the thanksgiving holidays. Then just a few days ago I ate at a restaurant for two days in a row and gained 1.5 lbs. I've since re-lost those pounds and am now at 193 lbs. I'm just 4 lbs. away from the 1/1/11 goal. I'm not sure if I will make it but that's okay. Putting a time limit on weight loss is a fool's errand. It instills within the mind the idea that there is a finish line. This is NOT a temporary journey. This is NOT a diet. I'm making these statements to continue drilling it into my own mind. I never want to go back to the person I was before. This is my new life and it feels great!

Oh, by the way, my BMI is now in the "Healthy Weight" range. Yea me!

Last edited by Mark999; 12-08-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mark, that's great--contrags on being "healthy"! My BMI is still about four points away from being simply "obese" instead of "extremely obese", but it won't be long.

And yes, those restaurant meals can really do a job on you. The extra cals and sodium seem to take a few days to burn off. I'm hoping to see a decent loss this week myself, after only a pound last week.

I agree that we have to look at this as a lifetime change and that there is no "time limit". I do like these little mini-goals/challenges, though.

I'm fairly sure I'm not going to quite make it to my 299 goal by Jan 1st. but I'm OK with that--it will happen soon enough. We all just need to keep doing the best we can!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-08-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

I do like these little mini-goals/challenges, though.
I agree. It helps keep the focus when we can claim some success - and it shows us that we can do it.

I'm now turning my attentions more toward fitness now that I'm getting to an appropriate weight range. Time to put on some muscle! Gotta do something with the loose skin...

Last edited by Mark999; 12-08-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mark999
I had some days where the scale was going up. I gained over 3 lbs. during the thanksgiving holidays. Then just a few days ago I ate at a restaurant for two days in a row and gained 1.5 lbs. I've since re-lost those pounds and am now at 193 lbs. I'm just 4 lbs. away from the 1/1/11 goal. I'm not sure if I will make it but that's okay. Putting a time limit on weight loss is a fool's errand. It instills within the mind the idea that there is a finish line. This is NOT a temporary journey. This is NOT a diet. I'm making these statements to continue drilling it into my own mind. I never want to go back to the person I was before. This is my new life and it feels great!

Oh, by the way, my BMI is now in the "Healthy Weight" range. Yea me!

Good Job Mark, I am inspired by your success. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jptfenwick
Good Job Mark, I am inspired by your success. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! Glad I can give back some of the inspiration that I've gotten.

Congrats on achieving the 1/11/11 goal nearly a whole month early. It looks as though the weight is melting off of you. You'll be under 200 in no time!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Decided to weigh in on Friday this week as I was feeling "light".

Scale shows 306, so only 6.5 pounds left for my 1/1/11 goal. I think I'm gonna make it and leave the "three hundreds" behind forever!

Have a great day everyone!

Michael
Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Decided to weigh in on Friday this week as I was feeling "light".

Scale shows 306, so only 6.5 pounds left for my 1/1/11 goal. I think I'm gonna make it and leave the "three hundreds" behind forever!

Have a great day everyone!

Michael

Great work Michael. I am distinctly not feeling light, so I will wait until tomorrow to offcially weigh in...maybe Sunday. Its been too cold to go for my daily 3.5 mile walks....and wine has entered my diet again. So, i dont think I will have a good week, but who knows.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great work Michael. I am distinctly not feeling light, so I will wait until tomorrow to offcially weigh in...maybe Sunday. Its been too cold to go for my daily 3.5 mile walks....and wine has entered my diet again. So, i dont think I will have a good week, but who knows.
Thanks! Hey, Sunday sounds like a good day to weigh in

It's been pretty cool here as well--was 3 degrees this morning, but was up to a balmy 19 when I went out to do my mile at lunch time. Summer can't come soon enough for me!

I never developed a taste for wine, but beer is my downfall. My plan to only drink it once a month seems to be working, though.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-11-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 11

well, jumped on the scale and it reflected a 2 lbs loss for the week. I hit a new low of 213. So 26 lbs down. i am not sure its a solid number, i dont think I worked it very hard this week. i find that when the scale reflects an increase, i recheck it several times to confirm, but when it shows a loss I take it as fact the fisrt time
Old 12-11-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

well, jumped on the scale and it reflected a 2 lbs loss for the week. I hit a new low of 213. So 26 lbs down. i am not sure its a solid number, i dont think I worked it very hard this week. i find that when the scale reflects an increase, i recheck it several times to confirm, but when it shows a loss I take it as fact the fisrt time
Nothing wrong with 2 lbs.! And I thought I was the only one who questioned the scale when it refused to go down I'll nudge it around, step off, back on, shift my weight, reset it....

I DID, though, recheck a couple times when I had back-to-back 7lb. losses--that was kinda weird. But, over time, the average has remained pretty consistant.

My scale only reads in half-pound increments--it would likely drive me nuts if it had 1 oz. resolution like some of them.

I really wish I could go a month w/o weighing, but I'm obsessive/compulsive enough that it's all I can do to weigh only once a week.

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.