Notices

*The No-Cheating* Pact

Old 07-25-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

August is a bad month for me as far as occasions go. Vacation next week, birthday parties, and a couple of anniversaries to attend. I swear I have just started this journey, and I will not be thrown off track this early.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by midwestj
Good job dude. And remember if you do happen to slip up just make it a small one, record it in your log and continue trucking on, its all about the big picture! Last night was the first time in my 18 days on fitday that I had some issues, because I had to go to a wedding. I had 2 drinks, and probably overate. I filled the plate with as many healthy choices as I could. When I got home I recorded it as best I could, I avoided any sweets and extra fat like gravy and the cream cheese apps. I had been stressing about that day coming because it was a forced slip-up so to speak, but now that its over I'm proud the way I controlled myself, and I really didn't slip up at all. Besides not having ideal food options I made the best of the situation and I'm almost certain this one meal is not gonna hold me back.
Nice! I definitely know how you feel, my options for "healthy" foods are extremely limited. It's literally a quest every day to gather bits and pieces of MREs to put together my meals for the day. But I'm doing good and I'm not gonna let that hold me back. Day 3 starts for me right now (it's 0442 right now) and I'm convinced today is gonna go perfect. I'm looking forward to my workout too after the rest day I had yesterday. Gonna break myself off. =]]
Old 07-25-2010, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan8898
August is a bad month for me as far as occasions go. Vacation next week, birthday parties, and a couple of anniversaries to attend. I swear I have just started this journey, and I will not be thrown off track this early.
I say keep that mentality, I have to always tell myself this, but what do you want more? To be healthy and look great, or that piece of cake?

Make it known to the people around you/at the parties and anniversaries that you are making a lifestyle change and eating healthy. Maybe that'll help you keep honest when tempted by all the food when everyone knows you are eating healthier. That's always helped me. I would be afraid to eat a fatty cake or something because I didn't want anyone to call me out on it.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heytred
I say keep that mentality, I have to always tell myself this, but what do you want more? To be healthy and look great, or that piece of cake?

Make it known to the people around you/at the parties and anniversaries that you are making a lifestyle change and eating healthy. Maybe that'll help you keep honest when tempted by all the food when everyone knows you are eating healthier. That's always helped me. I would be afraid to eat a fatty cake or something because I didn't want anyone to call me out on it.
I agree completely. I have told many of my friends and my family about this quest I'm on. When everyone around you knows what you are trying to do they help you stay accountable, and provide support. Most people will really admire your discipline and determination. Its hard to do this alone!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

I don't look at my cheat day as a "cheat day", I look at it more as a reward day for all the hard work I put in on my diet and exercise. In the grand scheme of your diet it's not going to hinder your progress and most likely will end up helping you to be successful.

You just have to discipline yourself enough so that you know it's just one day to reward yourself but the next day you're back to business.

whatever you decide to do I commend you and everyone here for sticking with their plan to reach their goals. Just please remember, if you do slip and cheat don't beat yourself up over it. It's only going to make you lose your motivation and your focus.

Last edited by 135for35; 07-25-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 135for35
I don't look at my cheat day as a "cheat day", I look at it more as a reward day for all the hard work I put in on my diet and exercise. In the grand scheme of your diet it's not going to hinder your progress and most likely will end up helping you to be successful.

You just have to discipline yourself enough so that you know it's just one day to reward yourself but the next day you're back to business.

whatever you decide to do I commend you and everyone here for sticking with their plan to reach their goals. Just please remember, if you do slip and cheat don't beat yourself up over it.
See, it did quite the opposite for me. Sure I can treat myself here and there, but even then I want to stay within the confines of the diet I've set out for myself.

I'm glad I cheated. I'm thankful I took it way overboard. I had never done anything like it before and when I did I learned something very valuable about myself. Now, I'm 100x more motivated and determined to reach my goals. See my sig? By September 24th I WILL have accomplished what I set out to do. Instead of a few days ago, "I hope I can cut this fat."
Old 07-25-2010, 07:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heytred
See, it did quite the opposite for me. Sure I can treat myself here and there, but even then I want to stay within the confines of the diet I've set out for myself.

I'm glad I cheated. I'm thankful I took it way overboard. I had never done anything like it before and when I did I learned something very valuable about myself. Now, I'm 100x more motivated and determined to reach my goals. See my sig? By September 24th I WILL have accomplished what I set out to do. Instead of a few days ago, "I hope I can cut this fat."
and that's all that really matters is what works for you. It all comes down to what a person needs to do put them in the right state of mind for long term success. I'm glad we've each found something that works for it.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 135for35
and that's all that really matters is what works for you. It all comes down to what a person needs to do put them in the right state of mind for long term success. I'm glad we've each found something that works for it.
Exactly, and this thread is just here for me to stay motivated and honest. I'm surrounded by Soldiers who can eat whatever they want and maintain a relatively low bf% but I'm not that lucky. I don't have a support group around me, just a bunch of "friends" who give me a hard time, tell me dieting is for girls, and try to get me to cheat. It's okay though, because I have a higher PT score now than anyone in my Company. :P

So this thread will be my support, even if I'm the only one posting. Everyone is obviously free to use it for whatever means they see fit.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Sometimes at a young age your peers can be enablers and not supporters. Many of them just don't get what you are going through and many of them have never had to deal with weight issues so they just don't understand the sacrifices you are making. I'm 23 years old and I have to basically avoid many of my friends, they drink too much, they eat horrible foods, but they stay at a healthy weight doing it, so to them I should be fine doing what they do. Just remember you're doing this for yourself, not for them.

I'm 23, its summer, and all my friends are drinking and going to the beach, I'm inside counting calories and going to the gym, and haven't touched a bottle in forever. I may be missing out on the summer fun, but to me I'm making changes in my life far more important than a day at the beach. I get lonely and I get down, but I just think about my goals and my progress and I feel good again.

For young people it can be more difficult to get a quality support group. You can't let that hold you back though you just have to be a little more bullheaded in your weight-loss mindset, never give in for anything or anyone. You are doing this for yourself and no one else, so what they think doesn't matter (unless they are there to help!) You know what your goals are and how to reach them, so don't let the outside distractions hold you back.

Heres a quote by the drinking fountain at my gym: "Life's obstacles would not be called hurdles if there was not a way to get past them."
Old 07-26-2010, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Just made my logs public, hopefully that can help me stay more accountable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.