Notices

Mini Challenges

Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mini Challenges

Some of my co-workers did these 3 or 4 times per year. I wished I had joined in but never did.

Is this something anyone would be interested in? I have seen many kinds done. It is very good motivation, especially for the ones that need a kick start or extra boost.

Just curious.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Got any examples?
I'm constantly setting up mini challenges/goals for myself.
My most current challenge is to beat my previous time from my last 5k race- I have a run this Sat. 7/24 and hope to shave off a few minutes.

Here's the race-
http://www.memory5k.org/
Old 07-22-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Not sure what you mean by mini challenges, if it is weight related I am more of a bigger picture type guy, I look at where I started and smugly (to myself) gloat about the weight I have lost since I started.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

The site Social Workout has some pretty interesting health and fitness challenges every now and then. Each challenge is broken down into "feats." You complete feats and challenges for prizes. It might be worth looking into if it keeps your motivation up!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Some depended on the time of year. Sometimes it was set up around holidays.
We did different kinds:

1) Lose 10% of bodyweight by Thanksgiving.
2) Increase number of reps of a certain bodyweight exercise you can do in a
certain amount of time.

These are just a couple of examples.

I am attempting to lose 10% of my bodyweight by Thanksgiving. I am at 240 now, and 24 pounds by then would be great.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

I would totally be down to support and take part in these.

I'm the big picture kind of guy too, but when you only set long term goals it's easy to make short term slip ups. I think that if everyone were to set more short term goals (i.e. through these mini-challenges) their long term goals would be more easily met.

Long story short. I'm down =]]
Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

ok, I get the gist of it now and in a way I already set myself mini challenges weekly already. I switched my workout up this week and it's kicking my arse but I am fighting through it but the main thing I want to accomplish is the 1 leg squats. I started leanring the form and doing some box sets this week and they sure do work the thighs and glutes
Old 07-23-2010, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

OK. Thanks.

Do we need to set up another thread and label it 10% bodyweight loss by Thanksgiving?

People can join in and post current weight, motivation, recipes, exercise ideas, and weigh-ins every what 1 week, 2 weeks, or 3 weeks (this is the part I am shady about).

Like I said, I always SAW it being done. I never participated. You guys might be more familiar with things like this. What part(s) am I missing?

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

I think its a cool idea, I agree new thread set upmini challenges I am all for it
Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Well, okay, it is on then. Do we make the thread in the Men's Corner or some other thread?

I guess we can start on Monday because some folks cheat on weekends. Also, I can't get to a trustworthy set of scales until Monday.

Are we going with the 10% bodyweight loss by Thanksgiving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.