FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   Don't plan on giving, but (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/1375-dont-plan-giving-but.html)

CapnCrunch00 06-20-2010 05:58 PM

Don't plan on giving, but

One thing I am not is a quiter and I never give up on anything (but) the situation seems to get further and further out of reach every time I stretch out toward it. And its not getting any easier for me.

The importance of changing my eating and counting each calorie is greater than ever now. Because of not just my excessive weight but the serious health issues I have and exercise is almost impossible right now. Not just exercise but every day activities for me has become quit diffcult some say I should be seeking professional help for my problem but as of right now I'm just barely paying medical bills and meds so.

Even still I know who I am and what I have done good and bad decisions and the struggle can't doing anything but continue until the struggle no longer exist.

machine_x 06-21-2010 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by CapnCrunch00 (Post 13944)
Because of not just my excessive weight but the serious health issues I have and exercise is almost impossible right now.

What choice do you have? If you have serious health issues you need to ask yourself one simple question before every meal; "if eating this is killing me, why do I want to eat it?"

Think about it. If you have the choice of eating better or being dead, to me, that really is no choice at all.

As far as exercise goes, take a short walk. Each week walk a little farther. Eat what makes you feel healthy and before you know it you are on your way.

Walking is very valuable to over-all fitness and often gets overlooked.

I've lost 26 pounds in 4 weeks and have gone from being in pain after walking a half mile to interval running/walking on the treadmill for 10-12 minutes.

Your body wants to be fit and you will get there quickly. Just don't go beyond what your doctor recommends and you'll do great.

mecompco 06-21-2010 06:15 AM

Exercise is important, but eating right is even more so (IMHO)--it is MUCH easier to not eat 500 calories than it is to burn them off. But, if you can manage even a little movement it will help. I have back/foot/knee issues and even after losing 50 or so pounds I have to be careful--I do find that I am no longer instantly out of breath, though. Even if you can't walk (or stand), at least you can move your arms around or do some isometrics.

Just hang in there and take it one day at a time. If you mess up one meal, take it in stride. Easier said than done, I know, but do your best.

Michael

mecompco 06-28-2010 02:53 AM

Hey Cap'n, how's it going? Let us know and have a great week! :)