Notices

Under 400--yippee!

Old 08-07-2010, 02:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by efduncan
Your doing great! A trip to the mexican restarunt halps me sometimes as long as you understand to hit the groung runninng tomorrow.
Ha ha--it WAS pretty tasty, but I ate too much and had to make a WAG as to the calories--it was lunch and I only had a couple pieces of fruit for dinner that day.

I really try to avoid eating out, but sometimes you have to and at least try to make a healthier choice. In retrospect, I should have boxed up half the giant plate of food immediatly as I know I have a tendency to clean my plate, hungry or not.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

This week's weigh-in: 362.0
Only down 2.5 lbs. this week, but that's OK--this is a marathon, not a sprint!
Have a great week everyone.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Major props - keep up the great work. If I could do what you're doing at 1/2 the pace I'd be blowing by my goal in no-time!

Hang in there man, as long as the needle points to a figure = or < your previous weigh in, then you're doing fine.

So what are you doing in terms of workouts? Cardio only? Lifting? both? at the same time?

Keeep it up!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Anjorni
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Major props - keep up the great work. If I could do what you're doing at 1/2 the pace I'd be blowing by my goal in no-time!

Hang in there man, as long as the needle points to a figure = or < your previous weigh in, then you're doing fine.

So what are you doing in terms of workouts? Cardio only? Lifting? both? at the same time?

Keeep it up!
I am rather embarrased to admit that I am not currently engaging in any particular exercise

Now that I can walk more than a few steps w/o gasping for breath and can go up and down stairs I AM being much more active. I know I'll have to start really exercising at some point. At my weight I still have to be careful of my ankles, knees and back, all of which bother me (though not so much, as of late).

Of course I have a nice weight bench and weights as well as a treadmill and other equipment gathering dust.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeehaw! Down 6 lbs. this week--356 even this morning. Have a great, healthy week all!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Yeehaw! Down 6 lbs. this week--356 even this morning. Have a great, healthy week all!
350.5 today, so another 5.5 lbs down

350 is my first mini goal, so just about there.

Then, on to 299 for January 1st!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
350.5 today, so another 5.5 lbs down

350 is my first mini goal, so just about there.

Then, on to 299 for January 1st!
Good Saturday morning, everyone!

A good week, back pain notwithstanding.

347.0 this morning, so another 3.5 lbs down and first mini-goal met.

So the question is, can I lose 47 lbs. by January 1? Without some form of exercise, it's questionable at my current rate as I know my body will burn less and less as the weight peels off. If I can get my back to cooperate I'll try to incorporate at least a modest walking routine.

Stay healthy!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Great job on the weight loss, keep it up

I know what you mean about the being happy with being under 400 thing though. I had the same experience recently at 300 pounds. Seeing that 2 on the beginning of the scale was great, and I told myself it would never start with a 3 again

I am still dropping pounds pretty quickly even under 300lbs (about 3 a week), and I've barely been doing any exercise. Everyone is different of course so your mileage my vary. 47 may be a tad optimistic, but certainly not undo-able. Remember your body will still thank you even if you come up a few pounds short.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

I realize I'm in the "Men's Only" section (and I am not qualified to post here :P), but I wanted to send you all my encouragement and congrats - what you're doing is so great. It's so cool to see your results. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Travbrad--thanks for the encouragement, and congrats on leaving the "3s" behind (can't wait until I can do the same!) And no, I won't be heartbroken if I don't quite do to it by 01/01/11 (but I really think I can).

Changeisgood29--thank you, also--I'll take compliments from anyone, male or female, and please do feel free to visit from time to time--we are all fighting for a common goal here.

On to the Saturday morning weigh-in:

A nice 4.0 lb. loss this week!

So, 347.0 - 4.0 = 343 lbs. today

43 left to go for 01/01/11

I am making a conscience effort to "move more" and now that I can walk more than a hundred feet or so w/o stopping to gasp for breath (I'll admit that was getting scary) I'm doing it more and more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.