Notices

First time poster

Old 06-11-2010, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default First time poster

I typically read many of the posts and try to get my motivation from all of you. Thanks very much for your help even though I just sit in the wings and read. I have been up and down many times and am not sure what keeps happening. I do like the taste of food for sure, and after so many salads there has to be something better. I typically stay away from the beer, however I did give a salute to the Hawks. Probably could have done the same with and Iced Tea, but it just did not seem right. I was doing OK again as I am down from 267 to 249 and then kind of fell off the wagon. Gained some weight and ate some Ice Cream, and other goodies, beat myself up over it and now want to get back on track. I wish the Fit Day goal would be able to remind me more if only through my own e-mails that I am on or off target. I found I need to log in and enter my foods daily. Thanks to all of you posting it does help.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

What works for me is logging every single mouthful of food that goes into my body on fitday and entering my weight every day. If you want results, you have to take serious action. By logging in every day it keeps me honest and in focus on my goals and how far i have come.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I also stuggle with alcohol a little. In fact, I am going to a birthday party tonight and I know I am going to drink dark beer, and lots of it. Life is not just about suffering, we need those good times too. However, we don't want to throw away all the hard work we have done to lower our weight and get ourselves healthy. After all, getting fit and healthy is for quality of life too. So, how do we manage them both? I am going to fall off the wagon on purpose once in a while for one night. As long as I am back in the gym the next day, I've only set myself back a tiny bit. And for a party, that ain't bad.