Notices

Biggest Loser

Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Post Biggest Loser

Today I started "The Biggest Loser" challenge at my work. I know that if I keep my head on straight, I can win, because I know that I have done it before, and I know how hard it is to do. Its not that I doubt the ability of my coworkers to lose weight; its that I have failed many times before and it is easy to fail. Losing this kind of weight requires total commitment to a changed lifestyle. My weight today is 244.5#. I want to be 190# by 5/10. Already, I am subconsciously trying to sabotage my efforts and it has only been 8 hrs. It takes a min of 6 weeks to form new habits, so I am 5 weeks, 6 days, and 16 hrs away from my goal.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

I know you can win it Mark. You sound like me. When I make my mind up, I can loose the weight. I just let my guard down and the next think I know it have gained it back. Now that I'm looking at 50, I have to quit doing that and make a life long commitment with changes in my diet and exercise.
Keep us posted on how it's going.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

talking with people like you is inspiring. thanks. I have had a great day today. Good luck to you!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Keep us posted! You will make it. Reading stories like yours keeps me up and going in life! Blessings.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Hang on in there......

Originally Posted by baxtman
Today I started "The Biggest Loser" challenge at my work. I know that if I keep my head on straight, I can win, because I know that I have done it before, and I know how hard it is to do. Its not that I doubt the ability of my coworkers to lose weight; its that I have failed many times before and it is easy to fail. Losing this kind of weight requires total commitment to a changed lifestyle. My weight today is 244.5#. I want to be 190# by 5/10. Already, I am subconsciously trying to sabotage my efforts and it has only been 8 hrs. It takes a min of 6 weeks to form new habits, so I am 5 weeks, 6 days, and 16 hrs away from my goal.
Hey Mark. Just joined today and noticed your post as our weight goals ar kind of similar. You WILL make it if you make the commitment as you mentioned so you at least know what it takes. The thing is, instead of focusing on the negative sie of thing [i.e. 'I am subconciously trying to sabotage my efforts and it has only been 8 hours'] turn this on it's head to 'Hey, look at me I've managed to stay on the straight and narrow for 8 hours!'. It sounds simplistic but try it, you might be surprised. The essence of this is don't beat yourself up for what you might end up doing but reward yourself for the tasks you HAVE done. Just take it one day at a time my friend. You'll get there!