Notices

Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010

Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010

Hey folks. I'm Ed and 49 years old. I have always been a big guy, I'm 6'5". My wife and I took a cruise on my 49Th birthday the first week of November 2009. When I returned I weighed in at 310 pounds. I have set a goal of 240x11/1/2010. I want to start my 50s being healthy and feeling better. As of today, I'm down to 294. I have been hitting the gym 3 - 6 times a week doing 45 minutes cardio and 45 minutes of weights, stretches and calisthenics.
I love to eat but my #1 sin is I LOVE a good cold beer, sometimes I LOVE 5 or 6 cold beers. I'm going do my best to keep the beer to a minimum and keep my food journaled.
I plan to keep this thread update through my goal date every few day.
I appreciate any support and please wish me luck.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

way to go!!

I am in a similar situation, though chocolate is my problem not drink. I look forward to following your progress.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Red face New commitment

Hey ed duncan! Proud of your commitment. As You know weight loss is hard work, but the bottom line is all it takes is commitment. nothing wrong with a good cold beer or two once in a while. there are even a few that are very low in cal and carbs. It's definitly not any worse for you than a soda once in a while. My name is mark. I am starting today on a commitment to loose 54.5 # by 5/10. I entered a "Biggest Loser challenge today at work and plan to blow away my competition. Its not that I think that I am so much better able to loose weight than they are. It's that I know how hard it is and most people will fail. But not you Ed, you are already on the right track. when did you start this endevor? It takes about 6 weeks to make a new habit a permanent change. I am now 53 trs old. At one time in my life I was in increadible shape, so I know it can be done. About 6 yrs ago I hurt my knee and stopped working out. It is hard to get back into it once your out of it. Kudos to you. I will be watching for your progress.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the support guys. I hope we all have good luck,
Mark, I know you will do well too. My latest endeavor with buckling down was 11/10/09 at 310. The holidays were tough but managed not to gain in those weeks. I have lost a lot of weight before, 15 years ago, I was a running fool and got down to 205. I started having a lot of knee problems as well and quit running, Over the next few years my weight has been up and down, the highest was about 2 years ago, I weighed during the holidays and was over 325. Hope never to see that again.
Did good today, under 2000 calories(my goal every day) and good gym visit. Down side was I was stuck behind a desk the rest of the day.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck Ed. Keep us posted. My only true vice is an ice cold Sierra Nevada and I have sworn them off until I hit my target weight. When I started my program I put my favorite beer mug in the freezer and I end up seeing it every day. When I hit 200 I will take that glass out of the fridge and crack an SN.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck efduncan- I know what you mean about the beer (and chocolate and pizza and doritos ect...) Keep your eye on the prize....
Old 01-22-2010, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the support guys. I hit 285 today, that's the 25 pound mark. 45 more to go. I'm still hitting the gym more days than not and trying to stay under 2000 calories a day.
Good luck to everyone.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

I'll beat you there! Same date as my goal. Goal is a stretch at 220 (started at 334 at the end of November). I have a couple of years on you being 35, but the last time I was as low as 205 I think I was 15. Wife has signed me up for a gym, so I've recently been starting that, and am at about 298 right now. Goal is 2,200 calories but I havent been close to reaching that for the past week or so. I have a similar problem with the desk job AND I travel too so restaurant food is a big challenge. Good luck and keep us informed!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Richard,
We both have a long way to go but as long as we keep going the right direction is all that is important. I'm keeping a food journal on Fit day of all my food and it helps me. I try to post after every meal if I'm around a computer. My goal is about 2000 calories a day. I stay close during the week but get a good bit over on the weekends. Over the past two months the program says I average about 2300 per day and burn about 4000. I have no idea if this is true but I have dropped 27 pounds since November 7. The weight loss is slower now, just 2 pounds this week but like I said, thats the right direction. I hope you have good luck and keep me posted too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.