Community
Notices

Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010

Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, good for you doing that walking! Wish I could be that dedicated. Still, probably a week of traveling for work next week means a week of dry salads and a gym a few feet from where I'm sleeping (with not a whole lot to do in the evenings but watch baseball). Should be good for a few pounds I would think!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Ed
Keep on trying. I just started yesterday on Atkins Diet, I quit smoking in January and that was hard enough, now I gained 15 pounds more. I am at 250 lbs and at 5'9" thats a lot, BMI says I am obesse. But I sure love a salty chip or two or bag.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck with the Atkins diet. I did that a few years ago and lost a good amount of weight in quick time too (about 30lbs in 3 months with little effort). Headaches for the first 4 days due to no carbs, but after that it was fine. Only issue was that when I stopped I put on weight - fast! Now doing the "eat less do more" diet. See if that turns into a lifestyle instead.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

I too the did Atkins a few years back. I got to be rail thin but when I went off of the diet I gained an immense amount of weight. Be careful as it is a lifestyle that is hard to sustain! Good Luck with it though.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, your all doing great!! I seem stuck in the 260s for a few weeks, I know I need to do better and I'm going to. I tried that Atkins a few years ago too, YOU WILL DROP WEIGHT! but I agree, it may be great for a few week jump start but I'm not sure I could live with it over a month or two. It kind of made me sluggish and interrupted my morning routine that should be natural after my 2ND cup of coffee...I have thought about trying it again but as long as I'm dropping just a little, will continue just watching what I eat and keeping up with the diet and journal and the gym. Hope I can get over this plateau soon.
You guy stay strong and keep striving to make our bodies strong and healthy. We're getting there.
Ed
Old 04-10-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by efduncan
Hey guys, your all doing great!! I seem stuck in the 260s for a few weeks, I know I need to do better and I'm going to. I tried that Atkins a few years ago too, YOU WILL DROP WEIGHT! but I agree, it may be great for a few week jump start but I'm not sure I could live with it over a month or two. It kind of made me sluggish and interrupted my morning routine that should be natural after my 2ND cup of coffee...I have thought about trying it again but as long as I'm dropping just a little, will continue just watching what I eat and keeping up with the diet and journal and the gym. Hope I can get over this plateau soon.
You guy stay strong and keep striving to make our bodies strong and healthy. We're getting there.
Ed
I was stuck for a while recently and varied my calorie intake for a few days (essentially gave my body about a 3 day mini-vacation). Went from about 1,500-1,600 per day to 2,100-2,500 per day. Ate healthily though, so wasn't a total write-off. I ended up losing 5 pounds this week (and broke through that pesky 280 barrier), so I took this to be a plateau-breaker. Whether it was coincidence or actually working, I'm not sure, but I'll look at the cup being half full and take as boosting my metabolism. Lets hope it continues to work.

Keep going guys, we'll be at our goals in no-time!!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hope you're right Richard. I think I may take too many of those mini vacations! Hope to get over the hurdle soon. The scales still going the right direction, just slow and I'm working out hard. I have let some friends talk me into a 5K run this Sunday (If you can classify what I do as running, more like a very slow jog). I did the same race and course a couple times 15-17 years ago and one time posted just over 24 minutes. I was about 210-220 then and a much younger man. I have been slowly jogging a little more, if I can just stay under 45 minutes I will be happy. Sure I will have to walk some, they have some killer hills on the course.
You guys stay with it and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

I made it through my 5K, I have lost a couple steps over the last 15-16 years. I posted 36:24. As much as I would like to do a 10 Minuit mile, I was happy just to complete the run. Lots of good folks running for the local animal shelter, was fun. I will likely keep running (if you can call it that) some, would like to do the 10 minute mile by my 50th birthday. I have been on a "Stay-cation" (week off work staying home) this week and have maintained, not gained so I'm happy with that as well.
4/24/2010- 260 pounds, need to buckle down and get another 20 off. Hope everyone is doing weel and staying focused on goals.
Ed
Old 04-25-2010, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the run Ed, i plan to start something myself soon. Don't know where to begin though!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Wayne. You just need to start, we all know what to do, just have to start it and stay with it. Let me know how it goes and good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.