Notices

Goal of 240 by 11/1/2010

Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

I completed my first Peachtree Road Race 10K run (and the worlds largest with 60,000 runners) It was like being in a parade. Thousands lined Atlanta's Peachtree street for over 6 miles. Music, bands, giveaways and so many folks. It was fun. It was a challenge to keep my pace with so many folks and it was well into the 80s by the time I finished. I did not get the time I was hoping for. I completed it in 1:12:19. The winner came in 28:03 for the USA Men’s 10 km Championship ($10K to the winner). Most of the top runners came from other countries. Great to see many of our military joining in with the run and fun. It was a great and fun way to enjoy our nation's birthday.

I hope to keep hitting the gym and doing some shorter runs but will likely slow up some on jogging for now. I hope to keep doing a 5K every few weeks no more 10Ks at least until next 4th of July, when I hope I can do this one again.
Going to my Sisters home tonight to grill with the family.
Hope everyone has a great Independence Day!

Ed
Old 07-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Ed, sorry to crash the men's forum, but I saw your name and I wanted to see if this was a post about the Peachtree, as I had seen it previously as one of your goals.

As a fellow Georgian, congratulations! This is a really big deal and I'm impressed! I know the heat and humidity were brutal yesterday and you put up a very respectable time. Not to mention that it was not an easy course!

I've not done it; I can't deal with that amount of people, but just wanted to stop in and say kudos for a job well done!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie,
I cannot belive how much fun it was! I hope I can do it next year. Would love for you to join me.
Have a great weekend,
ED
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Ed's Peachtree.jpg (12.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-01-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

This has been an inspirational thread to read through... I am going to enjoy learning from you all as we get to our healthier weights.

Brian
Old 09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Brian, we all hope the best for you and keep us posted with your progress. I have strayed some but still working to stay at a healthy weight and keep up my exercise. I have been doing well with my exercise but not so much with my diet, this will change.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Eddie
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Ed,

It's been a while since I checked in here. I'm glad you're still at it and kicking ass! What part of the south are you from? You should join me in the Mardi Gras Rock and roll 1/2 marathon!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the invite Mike, but I think I have to top my running off at a 10K. I never thought I could do that! I'm in North Georgia and plan to keep on with the 5Ks and hope to make the Peachtree 10K again in Atlanta next year. It's amazing that your doing 13 mile runs!! I would not be able to walk for a week if I tried that. Let me know how you do and good luck.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Ed, seriously I'm not a runner by any means. In fact I don't think I could run a 1/4 mile. My first race was a 1/2 marathon and I walk a lot and jog very little. I've never done a 5k or 10k. At first I thought that doing a 1/2 marathon was a crazy idea, but walking it really isn't that bad. I have no doubt that you could do it. The sky's the limit unless you limit yourself.

To be honest, everytime I do a 1/2 marathon, the first five miles are the hardest, after that it's easy. You may just surprise yourself if you ever decide to give it a shot. You know how I know you can do it? Because I can and if I can, just about anyone can. I did it with no real training, off the shelf shoes, a bad back and a heart that turns more RPMs than a Formula 1 car!

My times are nothing great, last week I did one in 3:03, I think my best is 2:48.

I just remembered that they have a 2 person relay. The 1st leg is 8 miles and the 2nd is 5 miles.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,
That is not bad time at all! I may have to give one a try next year. I have a couple 5Ks scheduled for the fall and need to start getting back with the more strict diet. The weather is getting nice again for some afternoon runs. One of my buddies has asked about me doing one next spring...if I do, I would have to do a great deal of walking too. Of-course, my jogging is not too much faster than walking.
Ed
Old 11-21-2011, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

It's Thanksgiving week so I have a huge meal coming up but want to post a update. As of this morning, I weigh 265 pounds, a far cry from my 240 goal. I have continued to work out and run but my diet has been horrible to say the least. I have not been posting all my foods and activities and I see the results. I start most days posting my food but not completing the day.
Taking 5-10 minutes a day to post my food seems like a small trade for weight gain and I have to get back on track.
I will start today doing what I know needs to be done and hope to post good progress over the next few weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.