Notices

Does anyone agree with me on this??!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I guess I don't see the "diet" process as ending, because once I get down to my goal weight, I'm still planning to eat. I'm working really hard, not so much just to lose weight but to adopt a thinner lifestyle, so no I guess I don't see an end in sight, nor do I think reaching my goal weight will make me sad. I keep picturing myself so happy that others reach over and slap me for it.
Hi Almeeker

I couldn't help but notice that you've lost 88lbs in only 19 weeks - that's PHENOMENAL! I just joined fitday.com today (basic member) and have a target weight loss of 63lbs in 12 weeks. Any tips?

Charlotte
Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by chezbez
Hi Almeeker

I couldn't help but notice that you've lost 88lbs in only 19 weeks - that's PHENOMENAL! I just joined fitday.com today (basic member) and have a target weight loss of 63lbs in 12 weeks. Any tips?

Charlotte
Actually I've only been on fitday for 19 weeks, but I was dieting before that. I started dieting in Sept '09, and lost 16 pounds then I quit between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and gained 10 pounds back ! On December 26, 2009, I got serious about losing weight and have lost another 83.5 pounds in the last 7 months, for a grand total of 89.5 pounds.

63 pounds is 12 weeks would be a little rough for me. Although in the beginning I did have some 5-8 pound loss weeks. I'm not doing a specific diet, nor am I taking pills, and I didn't have any kind of surgery. So outside of saying "diet and exercise" I don't have any "miracle" weight loss tips. What has been working for me is to keep my calories between 1,350-1,600 (although lately my metabolism has changed and that has been harder and harder), make sure my pie chart is 40-40-20 (carbs, proteins, fats), or nearly so. Drink 96 ounces of water each day and put in a 60 minute workout at least 5-6 days/week. My workout is typically 60-75 minutes of hard cardio on the elliptical or the running track, but twice a week I lift weights and do an ab routine that would make Superman cry (okay, maybe not exactly true, but in the comic book of my mind, those crunches are worse than kryptonite baby). That's it. Now that I've been at it for 7 months +, it's almost my habit anymore. The days I skip the workout, I hurt and don't feel lively and awake, so exercising has become almost an addiction. I need it like my coffee in the morning, although I have yet to actually feel a "craving" for it.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-23-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default I agree

I think part of what you might miss is not so much the diet itself but just the process of changing. When dieting, you get dozens of compliments from friends, coworkers and family members and those will likely slow down after they get used to you being your goal size.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

i noticed at the beginning of this week that my "diet" is now a normal way for me to eat, not a struggle. i'm spending less time thinking about what i'm eating it so it almost feels like i'm cheating myself by not being meticulous. however, that allowed me to focus more on challenging myself with exercise. i think it comes down to where you focus your ambition.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

I can totally relate.I reached my goal back in July. I changed my goal to losing another 5 lbs by the very end of this year...just so I can see the progress on Fitday. Once you reach your goal you don't see the progress anymore. It kinda worries me when I do reach my goal. Taking all of your advice by attaining success in other aspects of my weight loss is totally a consideration and excites me too!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

I reached my jean size goal this month by choosing to live a healthy and active lifestyle. My "diet" is just eating healthy and enjoying treats in moderation.

Mentally, getting here has proved to me that I really am the one in charge of my body, even when I hit a brick wall (injury, surgery, getting sick, etc). Those setbacks would have been easy to use as excuses to give up trying, trust me I did sometimes use them, but deep down I really knew that there was no excuse, no matter how hard it was and how long it took me.

I now realize that I am not done by reaching what I had always thought would be my "end" goal. Before hitting my goal I was asked if I would be interested in training for a fitness competition. I remember thinking me? hahaha. yeah right, but it has made me think of what I could really accomplish now that I hit that size goal... So I guess I am really just starting again.... just to see what I can do now.

As far as compliments, I still get them but now I get more specific ones. My two favorites so far, was being told I have skater thighs (lol, I'm not quite there yet!) and being asked if I lift "real weights" because my shoulders/arms were pretty darn defined for a girl!

TBH, I do sometimes miss the "extra padding" but only when sitting on a hard surface or when my body hits something too hard!