Notices

Gastric bypass

Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Gastric bypass

I just received the package yesterday and it seems overwhelming, but do-able! I am a gastric bypass patient who lost nearly 100 lbs. in 10 months. I got pregnant 10 months after my surgery and after my son was born I quickly lost the 30 lbs. that I gained during pregnancy. Well, somewhere along the way in the past 2 years, I stopped losing weight and have gained...even with a gastric bypass. The surgery was certainly helpful for me and gave me a great start, but even a girl with a tiny stomach can eat Little Debbie's 10 times a day! My problem is snacking on terrible things all day, not portion control. So, I think this program is the best one for me...I've just got to stay away from the BAD foods! Anyway, I would appreciate feedback from anyone else who is a Gastric Bypass loser like me, or snackers who have tips on staying away from the Witch Little Debbie...I really hate her! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default I feel ya!

Andra2000,
I had a Roux-n-y gastric bypass back in 2002. I lost sooo much weight, actually too much weight. Got down to a size 2...which is really unrealistic for me. So...I started eating things that I shouldn't have just to put some more weight on. I had been the same weight/size for about 3 years. Then last year I had to have major female surgery and since that time, my thyroid and my hormones have helped me put 25 pounds on! Arghhh.
I used FitDay for a long time to help me keep track of what I was eating and getting the protein in. I've been away for quite a while and am now ready to get this extra 20-30 pounds off!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies! I'm new here today, and right with you. I had GB back in 2002 also, and lost 130+ lbs... last year, I had to have lung surgery, and finally quit smoking, but gave my self "permission" to "gain a few pounds" while I quit.... bad bad move... here I am now, up 30lbs since surgery, and struggling to lose it!!! Like you Andra, I might still have my little stomach, but I can eat pretty much whatever I want all day long, and gain weight. So today is my day, I am trying to get myself motivated, to put my pouch back to good use!!!! I know I can do this. It isnt the first time I've gained, but I was able to lose almost 30lbs in 2months before (3yrs ago)... .gotta get back at it and remember the rules. I would love to have support buddies along the way if you ladies want too!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default lets be supportive

Hi all, I am in the same boat as all of you are, but my Lap band was Sept 2008. I began to hit a plateau and then i saw the numbers begin to rise. They didnt go up too much but I really dont want them going any higher than they are now at all. I am doing what you all are doing. See I stay with my 92 y/o grandfather at night and there are bad snacks around and i am in a situation where it is easy to grab a handful of chips or a couple of cookies or two or three small candy bars or a "little debbie" cake, cause nobody else sees. and it is boring. there is not a lot of possibility for exercise, so i sit and i eat and i read, so i gain. so here is my delima, and sounds like we can become friends and help one another out and be supportive in our similar situations.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

sounds like a plan Tara! are you keeping a journal? food/exercise??? I started back on track yesterday... did really good cutting out all breads/pastas.. no sugar... NONE lol... and so far today, starting off good with foods, and did almost 4miles on the recumbent bike.. plan to do again later today....
Definitely need to get into "habits" again... and good ones! water being one of them and my vitamins... how are you doing overall???
Old 06-28-2018, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

I hope that you will get well soon.And also follow some diet.