FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Bought size 6 shorts as "goal" clothes -- silly? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/8534-bought-size-6-shorts-goal-clothes-silly.html)

peachtreesnyc 11-03-2012 01:32 AM

Bought size 6 shorts as "goal" clothes -- silly?

Yesterday, I went to JC Penney, and bought a pair of I Heart Ronson shorts on clearance for five bucks... it was a size 6, and as somebody currently in the size 16/18 range, I wonder if buying this "goal" apparel was okay or silly... Behlor

casseym08 11-03-2012 03:09 AM

Not silly at all! Especially not for $5! However, since looking at size 6 shorts from a 16/18 perspective can be very daunting (I was there 10 months ago!), I recommend stashing those 6s somewhere and only pulling them out every once in awhile. I have a drawer full of goal clothes that I'm not going to look at til spring. What I do recommend is getting a piece of short term goal clothing, like a size 12. You'll be amazed at your awesomeness when you're able to fit, and you'll be very glad you got them when the 16s keep falling around your ankles and the 6s are still too small :)

peachtreesnyc 11-03-2012 07:41 PM

Thanks for the advice, Cassy... I currently heading to eBay for a pair of size 12 jeans -- excellent used condition, of course... Behlor

mercieej 12-25-2012 01:27 AM

I don't think it is silly either. I saw a golf shirt I wanted the other day but they only had it in Medium. I am solidly an XL right now but having good success since I came on this site. I bought the shirt and am looking forward to being able to wear it this summer on the course. One more goal to reach for.

zahut 12-27-2012 09:04 AM

I don't think it is silly at all. I found a really cute bikini at Gordmans last week for $10, size medium. I am going on a cruise March 2nd. I don't think it will fit me then, but by summer it will! And if it does fit me on the cruise, I will be very happy! I will still be happy if it doesn't though :)

peachtreesnyc 12-30-2012 07:21 PM

Thanks

For your c0omments... may you enjoy a happy (and thinner) 2013... Behlor

KellsBells628 01-01-2013 01:31 AM

I think that is the opposite of silly. I have kind of done the same thing in reverse. My weight has kind of creeped up and all the while I have kept all my favorites of any given size. While I was gaining I had them hidden in a tote under the bed and now that I am losing I have them hanging in the closet in reverse sizing from the 10's down to the beautiful 6's I long for. Every once in a while I try them on and they are getting moved progressively up the closet. When I started the 10's were unbearable to wear and the 12's were snug now the 10's are loose-ish and I wore an 8 out, one of the big 8s but still. It has been so helpful to be able to wear things that I love and see the clothes I once wore just get too loose.

bedrik 01-01-2013 10:36 PM

Good you bought good things.

frenchhen3 01-02-2013 09:31 AM

Not silly, I out performed my goal dress and my goal pants! So it's good.

jonjaxmom 01-03-2013 01:57 AM

Its not silly... whatever we do for ourselves that keeps us motivated, is a GOOD thing.

I am 2 pounds from goal. I was a too-tight size 14 last year, and now 30 lbs later I am a size 10. I will never be a 6 because of my pear-shape, but I am OK with that. $5 is a good investment for motivation!

Good luck to you on your journey. Keep it up, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Robingen 01-03-2013 03:17 AM

Wow Chris 2 pounds from your goal! Thanks for the motivation.

sault_girl 02-17-2013 12:50 AM

I don't think it's silly. I have purchased a few things that were a bit too small because I found them at a super awesome price (and I'm petite so the right proportion is important!). I was a size 18 and am down to a 14.

I am planning on splurging on a whole new wardrobe if I meet my goal weight. I think that will be about a size 6/8; not sure because I haven't been that weight since I was a teenager.

I have about 31 pounds left to loose. I will allow myself $1000 of new clothes if I can get there. Husband said he will pay extra for all new lingerie.

Clothes are great motivation! Good luck!