Notices

Do you know what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about fitday.com?

Old 04-08-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Do you know what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about fitday.com?

What I love most about this site is that for the first time in my life I'm losing weight without a crutch. In the past when I dieted successfully I always was dependent on something, be it pills, powders, meetings or one of those "centers". And well in the end after I'd lost the weight I would let go of the crutch (or decide I couldn't afford it) and consequently fall right back up the scale and then some. This time there is no crutch. Sure I log my calories here, but it feels like more of a tool than a crutch, I call the shots and it's all on my own terms. I'm not dependent on some vague "plan" cooked up by someone I've never met and who doesn't know the first thing about me. You might even say I'm becoming independently healthy LOL!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

I agree. I am not tracking calories like I should but I am watching my daily intake and making better food decisions. FitDay has really helped me in traking my weight loss vs. my goal. Just using the weight loss chart is a great visual aid that keeps me focused.

I work in a relatively public atmosphere and keep my graph posted in my cubicle where I see it everyday, my co-workers see how I am doing, and even my customers notice and comment on it. Talk about keeping yourself honest. When everyone you deal with sees your goal and weight loss trend you really want to keep the trend line below the goal line!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, almeeker. This is the first time I have really had success. Hopefully I can maintain it. You can work with whatever stats you want, there is awesome support, and it's great having to be accountable to people who are in the same boat.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

I completely agree. I am down 167#, lost 165# in 14 months, maintained for a few months then slowly put back on 45#. I lost the original weight with diet and exercise. I started 1-4-10 to get the weight back off and to hit my ultimate goal of losing 1/2 my starting weight which was 386#. At my fitness center literally hundreds of people are drinking shakes on a 20 week program and losing weight in that time but have no idea how to live "in the real world". Not only have i lost more weight than anyone else, i have kept it off better than all of them. The real key is to figure out why you over-eat. Most programs will help you get the weight off but for long term success behavior modification is the key.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

I completely agree. I am 228 lbs and 61 yrs old, I will get down to 160 ish. I'm only now feeling I'm on a clean, life long path to loosing some poundage but most importantly changing my diet & my eating habits. I have always overeaten the breads - something I sort of knew but until tracking my nutrition on this site and trying some adjustments, I never believed it was the entire problem. Then again maybe I was just addicted so made the typical unhelpful excuses - basic denial while my weight grew. I feel so much more alive & i've only lost about 13# but I now exersise every day.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default I so agree

I love the quote "independently healthy" hope you don't mind if I borrow it. wink wink... this site has taught me what never knew. Some people know by common sense I guess it never made any sense to me. In the last six months I have lost 45 pounds. My doctor is thrilled, my wife is excited, I'm happy, all it took was this site to teach me a simple way of tracking calories in & out. Plus I found an easy set of inexpensive meal choices. Smart ones. God bless y'all & keep up the progress. Peace *
Old 04-10-2010, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

Talking H living in China

I have to say that I also agree... I am worried though... losing 5 kgs in two weeks just by eating and exercising is a bit questionable... As for the mood section I have to add the following: I have never realized how happy I were considering living in China!
Good luck to everyone... Be strong and your goals are the priority!
Regards!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by buda15
I work in a relatively public atmosphere and keep my graph posted in my cubicle where I see it everyday, my co-workers see how I am doing, and even my customers notice and comment on it. Talk about keeping yourself honest. When everyone you deal with sees your goal and weight loss trend you really want to keep the trend line below the goal line!
You are SOOOO brave to post your weight where everyone can see it. Although I have to say that I've posted my real weight here and found that extremely liberating.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I agree, almeeker. This is the first time I have really had success. Hopefully I can maintain it. You can work with whatever stats you want, there is awesome support, and it's great having to be accountable to people who are in the same boat.
Amen. The community support here is top notch.

Originally Posted by r.springstead
I completely agree. I am down 167#, lost 165# in 14 months, maintained for a few months then slowly put back on 45#. I lost the original weight with diet and exercise. I started 1-4-10 to get the weight back off and to hit my ultimate goal of losing 1/2 my starting weight which was 386#. At my fitness center literally hundreds of people are drinking shakes on a 20 week program and losing weight in that time but have no idea how to live "in the real world". Not only have i lost more weight than anyone else, i have kept it off better than all of them. The real key is to figure out why you over-eat. Most programs will help you get the weight off but for long term success behavior modification is the key.
You are sooo much better off not using those shakes, short and long term. I don't know how many diets I've tried using powders and pills and none of them worked short term, let alone long. But this time is different, my "program" is tailored made for me, by me and it's working like a dream.

Originally Posted by Myrai
I have always overeaten the breads - something I sort of knew but until tracking my nutrition on this site and trying some adjustments, I never believed it was the entire problem. Then again maybe I was just addicted so made the typical unhelpful excuses - basic denial while my weight grew. I feel so much more alive & i've only lost about 13# but I now exersise every day.
You sound like me, I've over-carbed my whole life. I think a big part of my problem was my optimistic nature, plain old ignorance and deep denial - well no more.

Originally Posted by DrDetroit
I love the quote "independently healthy" hope you don't mind if I borrow it. wink wink... this site has taught me what never knew. Some people know by common sense I guess it never made any sense to me. In the last six months I have lost 45 pounds. My doctor is thrilled, my wife is excited, I'm happy, all it took was this site to teach me a simple way of tracking calories in & out. Plus I found an easy set of inexpensive meal choices. Smart ones. God bless y'all & keep up the progress. Peace *
Not at all borrow away. Maybe we should all get t-shirts printed up that say it?

Originally Posted by 13156851977
I have to say that I also agree... I am worried though... losing 5 kgs in two weeks just by eating and exercising is a bit questionable... As for the mood section I have to add the following: I have never realized how happy I were considering living in China!
Good luck to everyone... Be strong and your goals are the priority!
Regards!
If you just started and lost 5kgs in two weeks, it could be just the honeymoon stage. I lost like 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks, then it slowed down a bit. I too am surprised at my high percentage of days that I am "happy" and "very happy", but again I have many days where the scale is a tiny bit lower than yesterday and well that would make most fat girls happy.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi i am new just started tracking on Fitday.com Friday and now I grasp what I am eating. WW worked for me a few years back but after getting married I couldn't make the meetings as often, then I realized I was starving just to get enough points to eat dinner. Now I really space things out, I write everything out, I see what is protien, what is carb, what is fat and how much of it I am getting daily vs what I am burning.

I am now dedicated to doing some form of excercise daily because I am obligated to put it down, even if it is a off day I have to do something its really keeping me focused. I truly think this may be the final thing for me - of course I am hopefuly (first week back on track) but this is the best first week I have ever had.

I cheated and checked the scale and I dropped 8lbs in 6 days, but my official weight in is Friday. I realize that is a bit fast and mostly water weight but now I know what I am doing! Thanks Fitday!!!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

for the first time in my life, i also think this is it for me. just writing down what i eat is helping me make better food choices. before when there was a commercial on tv re: this or that diet plan or pills or whatever, i was so eager to get it and try it, and then fail miserablly, but now i see the adds and in my mind i say " well, guess what, i'm not falling for you this time, i' done with you!", oh man, i'm so happy to find this site and these fourms!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.