Notices

Do you know what I LOVE LOVE LOVE about fitday.com?

Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

I agree 100%. There's something about really keeping yourself honest about what you're eating and your activities. It's not a crutch so much as a reality check on a daily basis. That and the fact that you weigh when you want to, not at a meeting, and that you track your mood, weight, activity and food all in one place.

It also will make it easier (thinking positively here to the long term, when I've lost the 120+ pounds) to come back to Fitday when the pounds start creeping back on. It has worked for me, where nothing else in 20 years has.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

guess what, i got to have something totally unhealthy, well, maybe not unhealthy but kind of forbidden by any diets and i don't even feel guilty about it!
i had pizza, but calculated it so well with fitday, and exercised afterward, thet i feel i should be quite fine! but i guess we'll see tomorrow when i weigh myself in.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

I've eaten pizza since doing this too, and did the same thing, I just planned for it calorie-wise and then did an extra workout and it was fine.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'll just jump on the bandwagon I guess and admit that I, too, feel great about not drinking shakes or taking pills in order to shed pounds.

almeeker, I was wondering what made you, at 242 pounds, decide you wanted to weigh 120? That seems like such a ballsy move and a huge committment. I've been asked lately what my ultimate weight loss goal is and it's made me see that I don't really have one. It hasn't really hurt my progress, I just focus on 5-10 pounds at a time, but I was curious as to how you came up with that goal weight. Is it based on body type/BMI at all?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

I agree!!! Love the "Independently Healthy" t-shirt idea.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
I'll just jump on the bandwagon I guess and admit that I, too, feel great about not drinking shakes or taking pills in order to shed pounds.

almeeker, I was wondering what made you, at 242 pounds, decide you wanted to weigh 120? That seems like such a ballsy move and a huge committment. I've been asked lately what my ultimate weight loss goal is and it's made me see that I don't really have one. It hasn't really hurt my progress, I just focus on 5-10 pounds at a time, but I was curious as to how you came up with that goal weight. Is it based on body type/BMI at all?
I'm a small human in terms of height and skeleton. I measure about 5'-1 1/2" and according to my knee doc I have a "slight" or "delicate" skeletal structure. Before I started this process, I asked both my knee doctor and my regular doc what a healthy weight for me would be. They both looked me in the eye and said "115 pounds". The healthy range for me is like 100-135 pounds, so 115 is right about in the middle of that. I also have degenerative disc disease and bad knees, so I think both docs were inclined to put me at a lighter weight than I would have chosen for myself. I added 5 pounds because I didn't feel like 115 took my cup size into consideration and being well endowed I should be allowed at least another 5 pounds for "the girls". At first the 120 pound goal was overwhelming, but it's less so nowadays. I feel like it's very possible to reach my goal weight and to find a way to maintain it for the rest of my life. I weighed 120 pounds when I was in my teens and twenty's. At that time I wore a size 6-8, so even at 120 pounds I'm not a skinny stick of human, I doubt my ribs will even show.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Good to know, thanks almeeker.

I was home for memorial weekend and my mom told me I need to stop losing weight (granted I'm 5'7" and weigh about 152 right now, so by no means am I tiny). I think it's just a shock for her to see me so much thinner than I've ever been (I think 175 was my lightest until now).

I think I'm aiming for 140ish, at least that's the number that feels stuck in my head at the moment. Hopefully I can do that by the end of the summer and then re-assess. I, too, love being independently healthy!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default FitDay has already kept me honest.

Been tracking only two days and I see the Light. lol

Food diary is a blessing for me. I have been trying to list foods before I eat them or right after. It made me change my mind about eating something or as much of it. I count carbs and love to see the pie chart at end of day.

Thank you FItDay...........
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi

Congratulations. I simply haven't really tried to diet much in the past, though I have been 60-70lbs overweight now for 10yrs +!! I LOVE this site, it is so easy to use, and since I work on my computer (and study on it too - doing a Masters!) everyday, it is simplet to mark fitday.com as my homepage on my browser and update it every time I log in!

Am detoxing right now, which I admit is horrific, but apparently it's really good for your body. It goes as follows:
Days 1 & 2, drink juice of 1/2 squeezed lemon in water at mealtimes, drink plenty of water (no food!)
Days 3 & 4, eat only fruit at mealtimes, and drink plenty of water
Days 5 & 6, eat salad vegetables and fruit, drink plenty of water
Days 7 & 8, eat cooked vegetables (steamed/boiled - if boiled you can drink the water they were cooked in as it's packed with vitamins), you can also eat fruit & salad vegetables
Days 9 + Gradually re-introduce healthy other foods like chicken, fish, etc.

Anyway - My mothers BF is 80yrs old and swears by this! I am on day 2, so am rampantly hungry! My mum said that the lemon juice thing is 'hellish' and that if I feel the need, I can bring everything forward by a day!

Anyway, read an awesome quote on a blog site the other day (Weight Management) it said "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels" and that's really stuck in my brain!

Love & best wishes to all...
Charlotte
Old 08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

hello everyone!
well, i just have to tell you that i have almost lost 23 lb!!!!!!!!!!!! and almost 6.2 more lbs to my goal weight! this is why i love fitday and all you amazing people on these fourms!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.