Notices

Things I can do since I lost weight

Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Things I can do since I lost weight

I am still a work in progress but there are so many things that I can do now that I couldn't do before (at least not comfortably)...

Things I can do since I lost weight...
- eat in a booth at a restaurant without being squished
- buckle my seat belt
- buy more stylish clothes than before (not much style at size 28/30. More if it fits then wear it! Ugh)
- have the endurance to do hours of yard work with no breaks
- run and play in the yard with the dog
- paint my toenails comfortably
- see the way that my hubby looks at my new body
- see pictures of myself and I'm smiling almost always now
- spend a whole day eating fruits & veggies and not feel deprived
- not dread laying down to get my hair washed at the salon (I used to always think everyone was looking at my big belly)
- shave my legs at the sink
- wear an ankle bracelet
- sleep without snoring

There are so many more things that I could put on this list. How about you guys? What can you do now that you lost weight?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

That's a great list April! And what a great thread to start.

You have done an awesome job, it has been so inspiring to watch the pounds fall away and the new April emerging - Keep it up, my friend!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Oh I love this idea for a thread! Can't wait to read everyone's successes!

I can....

- Cross my legs and both feet point down (not sure if that is explained well, but I was thrilled when it happened....my thighs are small enough that the lower part of my leg hangs down instead of pushing it out in front of me).

- Not feel embarrassed when a saleslady asks if I need help looking for a certain size.

- Eat a lot more veggies and not feel like a rabbit.

.....and soon to be added to this list (ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!)

- Run a FULL MARATHON!!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 AM

many things on your list are also on mine. another nice one is that even though my younger kids are now a little older (10 and 12), they still like to cuddle. i have a lap again for them to sit on while giving me a hug. that right there is worth everything!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
That's a great list April! And what a great thread to start.

You have done an awesome job, it has been so inspiring to watch the pounds fall away and the new April emerging - Keep it up, my friend!
Thanks Pam!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I am still a work in progress but there are so many things that I can do now that I couldn't do before (at least not comfortably)...

Things I can do since I lost weight...

There are so many more things that I could put on this list. How about you guys? What can you do now that you lost weight?
This is a truly inspiring thread! I got all misty reading your list! Congratulations!!

~I can now see my toes rather than my belly when I look down Still got a ways to go, but so happy to say this today!

~I used to hide behind the security blanket of a sweater! I thought I was hiding my belly or my arms or my big bottom. Really, I wasn't hiding anything, but it made me feel better. Today, I can leave the house SWEATER FREE!! Just in time for summer!! No more suffering through the heat behind layers and layers!! YAY!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Nice work !,, I am very happy for you ! fight on!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

April, I love this thread!

I can walk into a room with confidence.
I get tired of sitting!
I can go to bed at a reasonable time and stay asleep.
Ditto on the restaurant booth scenario. But then again I don't really desire to eat in restaurants much anymore.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

I can bend over far enough to pick something up from the floor without holding my breath.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen, I agree with you - a big one for me is that I can walk into a room with confidence! I mean, I never felt that self-conscious about my weight, truthfully, but almost 40 lbs later, I feel like I certainly can be confident, and maybe even turn a couple of heads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.