FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Things I can do since I lost weight (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/7743-things-i-can-do-since-i-lost-weight.html)

wildbeanerz 06-25-2012 06:39 AM

Things I can do since I lost weight

I am still a work in progress but there are so many things that I can do now that I couldn't do before (at least not comfortably)...

Things I can do since I lost weight...
- eat in a booth at a restaurant without being squished
- buckle my seat belt
- buy more stylish clothes than before (not much style at size 28/30. More if it fits then wear it! Ugh)
- have the endurance to do hours of yard work with no breaks
- run and play in the yard with the dog
- paint my toenails comfortably
- see the way that my hubby looks at my new body
- see pictures of myself and I'm smiling almost always now
- spend a whole day eating fruits & veggies and not feel deprived
- not dread laying down to get my hair washed at the salon (I used to always think everyone was looking at my big belly)
- shave my legs at the sink
- wear an ankle bracelet
- sleep without snoring :o

There are so many more things that I could put on this list. How about you guys? What can you do now that you lost weight?

RunbikeSki 06-25-2012 07:26 AM

That's a great list April! And what a great thread to start.

You have done an awesome job, it has been so inspiring to watch the pounds fall away and the new April emerging - Keep it up, my friend!

liberatedmist 06-25-2012 08:07 AM

Oh I love this idea for a thread! Can't wait to read everyone's successes!

I can....

- Cross my legs and both feet point down (not sure if that is explained well, but I was thrilled when it happened....my thighs are small enough that the lower part of my leg hangs down instead of pushing it out in front of me).

- Not feel embarrassed when a saleslady asks if I need help looking for a certain size.

- Eat a lot more veggies and not feel like a rabbit.

.....and soon to be added to this list (ONLY 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!)

- Run a FULL MARATHON!! :eek:

lcriswell0421 06-25-2012 08:13 AM

many things on your list are also on mine. another nice one is that even though my younger kids are now a little older (10 and 12), they still like to cuddle. i have a lap again for them to sit on while giving me a hug. that right there is worth everything! :D

wildbeanerz 06-25-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 84219)
That's a great list April! And what a great thread to start.

You have done an awesome job, it has been so inspiring to watch the pounds fall away and the new April emerging - Keep it up, my friend!

Thanks Pam! :)

misfitpixie 06-25-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 84215)
I am still a work in progress but there are so many things that I can do now that I couldn't do before (at least not comfortably)...

Things I can do since I lost weight...

There are so many more things that I could put on this list. How about you guys? What can you do now that you lost weight?

This is a truly inspiring thread! I got all misty reading your list! Congratulations!!

~I can now see my toes rather than my belly when I look down :D Still got a ways to go, but so happy to say this today!

~I used to hide behind the security blanket of a sweater! I thought I was hiding my belly or my arms or my big bottom. Really, I wasn't hiding anything, but it made me feel better. Today, I can leave the house SWEATER FREE!! Just in time for summer!! No more suffering through the heat behind layers and layers!! YAY!

botoepfer 06-26-2012 01:12 AM

Nice work !,, I am very happy for you ! fight on!

frenchhen3 06-27-2012 01:45 AM

April, I love this thread!

I can walk into a room with confidence.
I get tired of sitting!
I can go to bed at a reasonable time and stay asleep.
Ditto on the restaurant booth scenario. But then again I don't really desire to eat in restaurants much anymore.

Spookycheeseofdoom 06-27-2012 09:28 AM

I can bend over far enough to pick something up from the floor without holding my breath.

bojibridge 06-28-2012 02:25 AM

Frenchhen, I agree with you - a big one for me is that I can walk into a room with confidence! I mean, I never felt that self-conscious about my weight, truthfully, but almost 40 lbs later, I feel like I certainly can be confident, and maybe even turn a couple of heads :)

mattymath 07-13-2012 11:39 PM

More stuff...

Climb steps to bedroom without being out of breath
Spend the day at an amusement park and can fit in all the rides
Hike miles without discomfort
Ride a horse
Run a 5K with the rest of my family
Do yard work for my elderly parents
Play disc golf with my kids

lumpy788 07-20-2012 02:30 AM

Congratulations on your hard work!

differentinside 07-20-2012 10:05 AM

Well, I'll tell you when I lose weight what I can do! I'm sure it will be just as great! You should be so proud of yourself-you're doing it!

pegasuschick 07-22-2012 01:24 PM

Things I can do since I lost weight

-See myself in the mirror instead of a stranger.
-Hold myself up straighter (used to huddle down so no one would see me - impossible at 6'2", and it made me look worse, but lack of confidence will do that!)
-Fit back into clothes that have been locked away for years.

casseym08 07-24-2012 01:45 AM

It's been ages since I've been in the forums and this thread is great!

Things I can do:

-Cross my legs
-Wear shorts without my thighs bursting forth
-Wear shirts that fit snugly without each and every roll being perfectly defined
-Smile charmingly at the cute road construction workers as I drive by (why not?) :rolleyes:
-Go hiking without needing to stop every two minutes for rest and a water break

wildbeanerz 07-24-2012 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by casseym08 (Post 86016)
-Smile charmingly at the cute road construction workers as I drive by (why not?) :rolleyes:

Love this one! I live in PA and summer is the unending season of road construction. A few weeks ago I had on a very flattering top and my hair was looking good for an appointment when I went through a construction site. I caught one of the workers tipping his sunglasses down so he could get a better look. :) :D Me? LOL yep he was lookin!

casseym08 07-25-2012 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 86029)
I caught one of the workers tipping his sunglasses down so he could get a better look. :) :D Me? LOL yep he was lookin!

Such a win!! Good for you! haha

lumpy788 07-25-2012 02:57 PM

Glad to hear you women appreciate the compliment of a guy being distracted by you as you walk by. :)

botoepfer 07-26-2012 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by lumpy788 (Post 86140)
Glad to hear you women appreciate the compliment of a guy being distracted by you as you walk by. :)

x2

I bought a new belt!, I had been wearing a military style slide belt and it was getting ragged, so while in Hatteras I bought a kewl belt with saltwater game fish on it! its a size 48 and I can just get the first hole fastened!,, oh yeah I got a good tan ! less to tan ! hahahaha

lcriswell0421 08-04-2012 11:09 AM

- i'm wearing my seat belt again because i can actually buckle it without straining, feeling choked and claustrophobic.
- i'm liking the fact that i can see actual ankles.:p
- i can bend and reach now to shave my legs easily.

casseym08 09-06-2012 01:22 AM

I was never a huge fan of thrift shopping, and I avoided rummage and yard sales entirely because I could never find anything nice in my size. Now that I'm smaller, I am amazed at what fun, cute clothes I can find for only a couple of dollars! I'm thrilled! My wardrobe is MUCH happier and my wallet barely notices!

RunbikeSki 09-06-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by casseym08 (Post 88685)
I was never a huge fan of thrift shopping, and I avoided rummage and yard sales entirely because I could never find anything nice in my size. Now that I'm smaller, I am amazed at what fun, cute clothes I can find for only a couple of dollars! I'm thrilled! My wardrobe is MUCH happier and my wallet barely notices!

Nice one! :p

casseym08 10-08-2012 05:44 AM

I've been in a few weddings recently, and I've just realized that losing weight has given me a neck again! I can wear necklaces!!!!

frenchhen3 10-09-2012 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by lumpy788 (Post 86140)

Yes we do! I got a tipped hat the other day and I nearly fell down with happiness.

botoepfer 10-22-2012 04:30 AM

wear my Kilt ! wore it to my highschool reunion friday night !

clbencemunns 10-22-2012 05:55 AM

Probably TMI, but I almost jumped up and down when I fit into and bought a 2-hook bra from the "regular" bra section this weekend! I hadn't seen that band or cup size in a LONG time.

Being able to buy interview suits from the "regular" section, so I can feel confident in something other than plain black, which is all they ever seem to have in plus sizes.

And yes, thank you to all you men in the world who take the time to politely look and smile! Every time it happens I'm like "Wha??! ME???", and that'll keep a girl going for days. It's invaluable to receive family/husband support, but total strangers are a whole different ballgame of positivity.

Gigit1977 12-06-2012 01:53 AM

This is a great thread.

I've JUST started my journey today, but here is what I'm looking forward to:

- Getting Back into my old thin clothes
- Not wearing old lady fat clothes and buying some new hip things that only thin people can wear
- Better self esteem
- Lower blood pressure

Elizabeth2020 08-11-2013 01:44 AM

Nice Work! :)

anneblytheshirley 08-11-2013 03:42 AM

I still have a lot of weight to go, but since I've lost weight I can now fasten the seatbelt in my car. It went from being too tight, to fitting and cutting off my ability to breathe, to fitting fine and not being noticeable at all.

I fit behind the car steering wheel, without the wheel touching my belly. In fact, there's plenty of room down there.

I can go on my three hour grocery shopping trips (so many places to buy great veggies!) and not get tired or sore. Before, a half hour trip to Kroger's would make my back hurt and my feet sore.

I can chase a two year old and a five year old around the park and not get worn out or tired the way I would have before.

I now actually enjoy exercising. It gives me energy! Before, I was just exhausted and sore.

RenewedSoul 08-11-2013 10:38 AM

Way to go anneblytheshirley on the weight loss! I bet you feel a lot better. :)

TomBe 08-27-2013 07:48 PM

I can... use a racing bicycle and feel kind of comfortable on the slim saddle.

geoffreydunn12 09-06-2013 09:01 PM

I super love those list. Honestly, admit it or not there are things we can't comfortably do when we're overweight, in fact we cannot do them because we feel heavy and not able to do those things and another thing is we don't have any courage to do them as we know a lot of people are watching. It's super nice to lose weight and flaunt yourself, most likely a prouder girl ever. I'm so inspired with this kind of thread.

chl1980 09-15-2013 10:35 PM

"see pictures of myself and I'm smiling almost always now" - I like that one. :)

Congrats!

robin016 12-04-2013 08:18 PM

That was a good result,me i just loss some weight and it helps me a lot on my job for not being depress.Lately in my job in Finland i am giving now that quality customer service or and i think it is because a exercise make my day complete unlike when i was really fat i am really depress and easily to get angry.

sewingclass 12-07-2013 12:53 AM

love all of the things people can do now. What an inspirational way to start the holiday season and a New Year. Way to go!