FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Things I can do since I lost weight (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/7743-things-i-can-do-since-i-lost-weight.html)

casseym08 09-06-2012 01:22 AM

I was never a huge fan of thrift shopping, and I avoided rummage and yard sales entirely because I could never find anything nice in my size. Now that I'm smaller, I am amazed at what fun, cute clothes I can find for only a couple of dollars! I'm thrilled! My wardrobe is MUCH happier and my wallet barely notices!

RunbikeSki 09-06-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by casseym08 (Post 88685)
I was never a huge fan of thrift shopping, and I avoided rummage and yard sales entirely because I could never find anything nice in my size. Now that I'm smaller, I am amazed at what fun, cute clothes I can find for only a couple of dollars! I'm thrilled! My wardrobe is MUCH happier and my wallet barely notices!

Nice one! :p

casseym08 10-08-2012 05:44 AM

I've been in a few weddings recently, and I've just realized that losing weight has given me a neck again! I can wear necklaces!!!!

frenchhen3 10-09-2012 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by lumpy788 (Post 86140)
Glad to hear you women appreciate the compliment of a guy being distracted by you as you walk by. :)

Yes we do! I got a tipped hat the other day and I nearly fell down with happiness.

botoepfer 10-22-2012 04:30 AM

wear my Kilt ! wore it to my highschool reunion friday night !

clbencemunns 10-22-2012 05:55 AM

Probably TMI, but I almost jumped up and down when I fit into and bought a 2-hook bra from the "regular" bra section this weekend! I hadn't seen that band or cup size in a LONG time.

Being able to buy interview suits from the "regular" section, so I can feel confident in something other than plain black, which is all they ever seem to have in plus sizes.

And yes, thank you to all you men in the world who take the time to politely look and smile! Every time it happens I'm like "Wha??! ME???", and that'll keep a girl going for days. It's invaluable to receive family/husband support, but total strangers are a whole different ballgame of positivity.

Gigit1977 12-06-2012 01:53 AM

This is a great thread.

I've JUST started my journey today, but here is what I'm looking forward to:

- Getting Back into my old thin clothes
- Not wearing old lady fat clothes and buying some new hip things that only thin people can wear
- Better self esteem
- Lower blood pressure

Elizabeth2020 08-11-2013 01:44 AM

Nice Work! :)

anneblytheshirley 08-11-2013 03:42 AM

I still have a lot of weight to go, but since I've lost weight I can now fasten the seatbelt in my car. It went from being too tight, to fitting and cutting off my ability to breathe, to fitting fine and not being noticeable at all.

I fit behind the car steering wheel, without the wheel touching my belly. In fact, there's plenty of room down there.

I can go on my three hour grocery shopping trips (so many places to buy great veggies!) and not get tired or sore. Before, a half hour trip to Kroger's would make my back hurt and my feet sore.

I can chase a two year old and a five year old around the park and not get worn out or tired the way I would have before.

I now actually enjoy exercising. It gives me energy! Before, I was just exhausted and sore.

RenewedSoul 08-11-2013 10:38 AM

Way to go anneblytheshirley on the weight loss! I bet you feel a lot better. :)