Notices

mini goal

Old 04-02-2012, 02:49 AM

Default mini goal

i just wanted to share a little story. a couple months ago i had eliminated about 5000 calories a week in soda i switched to whole grains and made a few other changes. when i went for a follow up to my dr. i actually gained 3 pounds. i was so frustrated i started crying and told him i just don't know what to do, and that i didn't know what i was doing wrong to keep gaining weight. (i know that part of it is some of the meds i take, which can't be helped.)

i'm sure he had heard my story a million times so he handed me a brochure on the lap band surgery. that made me cry even more. was it to that desperate of a point that i had to go the route of surgery??? to top it off, i got diagnosed as diabetic. after a few days of feeling miserable i started doing some research on the net on what to do to lose weight, and i found fitday. i realized what i was doing wrong was simply eating too much, which i didn't realize i was.

that day at the dr. was 2/22/12 and it's now 4/2/12. my mini goal was to lose 15 pounds by the next visit, which was 3/29. i made it!!! that morning i was exactly 15 pounds down!

i can tell you that my dr. was so excited and proud of me for that accomplishment that he said i totally made his day. he said most people he diagnoses with diabetes who are very over weight resign themselves to staying the way they are and taking meds forever. i told him i didn't want to be in that boat, and that i'm working hard to get back down to where i once was. i realize that 15 pounds is not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things, but after 5 years of the scale going UP EVERY SINGLE TIME i went to the dr, it was a big deal.

a few days later and i'm now almost 18 pounds down! It's going to take a lot of work, but i will reach my ultimate goal. especially now that i've had a small taste of success!

~lisa
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lisa, congrats to you! Nothing gets you fired up like success, that's for sure. Keep up the great work and let us know how it goes from time to time.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-03-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my goodness Lisa, how wonderful for you! Also how great that you have made such a huge impact on your OWN health! I am sure the doctor's pride helps motivate you even further, so a little yay to that but as far as the work... the work is ALL YOU!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 AM

thank you frenchhen and michael! michael, i am just amazed at your stats! way to go!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Banned

Awww what a beautiful testimony!! Congrats sweetie! Keep up the good work!...you found what works for you
Old 05-30-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, I know I am late to this thread's party, but I just found this and that IS SO AWESOME! Keep it up lady you are doing GREAT!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 AM

chris, a delayed congratulations is still a great one to get in my book! thanks, and i just want to say that i am still succeeding. i am averaging just a little less than 2.5lbs/week and i'm almost at 33lbs down! i just got a membership to a gym, too, and got set up on a weight training circuit. i want to try to minimize those weight-loss bat wings as much as possible. lol i have lost 5.75" off my waist and 6.75" off my hips already! i have bought pants 2 sizes smaller, and they're still too loose. and i got a pair of workout pants off the regular rack...an XL instead of an 2XL or a 3XL from the big girl section. exciting times!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 AM

since i'm giving an update on my weight loss, i should also mention my HEALTH benefits. my blood pressure last week was 117/75. it's been normal for 2 months now for the first time in about 5 years when it was ridiculously high during that time. one of my bad cholesterol levels (don't know the name) was up over 1600 when i first started. it's supposed to be 1000 or less. last week it's down to 1019! i'm getting my a1c test done in about 2 weeks, but according to my meter my average for the last month has been about 120, where my first a1c was 140. so, in addition to doing great on weight loss, i am also seeing some real and amazing health benefits just in the first 3 months!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Every one is doing great on their weight loss goals. I am a new member and already i am feeling motivated. Please continue to share your tips and practices. I have recently started very brisk walking and running hills to my exercise regime. My initial goal is to lose 35 pounds.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lisa, I just found this today and want to say Well Done!!!!!! I have lost 24 lbs since November and totally understand where you are coming from, I am impressed by you...WAY TO GO!!!!!

meggietye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.