Notices

Back on Track

Old 07-30-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back on Track

Finally, I am seeing success again. After losing 40, then gaining 14 back, I am back to losing again. I lost 5 last week, and I truly believe it is because I started logging my food again. I admit it, I hate to log. But it looks like it helped last week! And I had a guy flirt with me, and that hasn't happened for a LONG time!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to see you back! Congrats !
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to see you back! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default great job !

I am glad you posted up again,14 What was the time frame that you gained back the 14 lbs. I had a backslide in the month of july while on vacation, in 7 days time I tossed back on 9 lbs and it took me over a week to shack it off!
I applaud you for getting back on track !

for me I have come to the realization I will battle this until I croak!, I will not be able to "diet" and return to how I use to eat, it was killing me quick!, I have learbed that the way I lose this weight has to be healthy and permanent so I have figured I have to monitor it until the end.

That being said I am ok with it, I am happy, I am eating good food and having fun with it,

all the best!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Gives me hope - I had my "Let's get honest" moment with myself this morning. After losing 22 lbs a couple of years ago, I've gained back 4 lbs since last year, 2 lbs since April this year. Time to get real and clean up the diet - you are right, logging what I am actually eating makes all the difference. It comes down to calories, and being honest with myself. I have let a lot of little "treat" here there things creep back in - time to STOP.

Especially since I want to lose another 5-10 on the other side of this little gain. So upgrading the workout again, too - more weights and intervals. I'm tired of long slow cardio.

It's astounding, though, to read about people losing 2 or 3 or 5 pounds in ONE WEEK. I have never lost that fast. That's why 4 lbs is such a big deal - it may take me 4 weeks to get it off. <CURSING LOUDLY RIGHT HERE!>

Time to get at it! Best of luck to you!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone ! I probably gained the 14 back over a period of 3 months.

My son is a Senior this year and I really want to look good for Senior night when we walk across the gym floor at our last home wrestling dual. I have 24 weeks. I am definitely in the zone right now. I am working out 5 days a week and eating almost totally "clean". I feel great!

My biggest downfall is chocolate. I used to eat 3 candy bars a day. That was a year and a half ago. Now, I just try to avoid it. If I don't, it is easy to slide back to that bad habit.

One day at a time. And if necessary, one meal at a time! Stay strong!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

so not to let your self feel deprived try a bit of the Kaski cinnamon crumbles, fresh or frozen berrys and a low fat strawberry yogurt , for what i can get here in the sticks I get the yoplait 99% fat free smooth style,

I made this for a few people and they all loved it ,, enjoy !