FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   Im new any advice (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/6932-im-new-any-advice.html)

niffico 03-15-2012 03:16 PM

Im new any advice

Im new here does anyone have good advice i need to lose 70lbs in 12 weeks

ToriD1012 03-15-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by niffico (Post 76206)

ummmm I seriously hope that's supposed to be SEVEN pounds in 12 weeks.....

cjohnson728 03-15-2012 03:26 PM

You probably don't want to hear this, but given that one of the rules of the forum is to be honest, my first piece of advice is to get a more realistic goal. Losing almost six pounds a week is not really realistic, at least not in a healthy way. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and slow and steady wins it.

Secondly, go here: FitDay Discussion Boards - Announcements in Forum : Support group for just women for all of our best pieces of advice and help in navigating the forums.

Good luck, and if you have any questions that aren't in the Best of/FAQ link, give us a holler.

VitoVino 03-16-2012 03:38 AM

Sure. You could cut one of your legs off. :D

Liania 04-06-2012 02:34 AM

6-Week Body Makeover promises 30 pounds in 6 weeks if you follow it religiously it works. You can keep doing it for another 6 weeks if needed. BUT, as soon as you go off of it the weight will come back really fast. I know you probably want to lose weight for a special reason or event, not get told how awful you are for wanting to do it. If you must, this is one of the better ways to lose a lot of fat really fast. It is just not sustainable. Lots of luck to you.

frenchhen3 04-11-2012 11:45 AM

Be honest with yourself. Eat 1200-1400 calories of REAL FOOD a day. Eliminate processed food. What is your starting weight? 70 pounds eliminated from a person who is 190 pounds is a lot different than from someone who is 490 pounds.

fitmee123 05-08-2012 05:51 AM

Ok, First off you CAN do it. It is not an impossible or "unrealistic" goal. But you will however, have to make some serious moves in order to obtain your goal. You first need to do either a low carb diet (phase 1 only if atkins) or restrict your calorie intake to 800 or less per day. I am doing the latter with the help of vanilla Slim Fast subing the milk for water it really works and tastes great. Next You will need an extreme workout plan. I HIGHLY recommend INSANITY from BeachBody.com. It is a crazy workout but I really love it. I just started and I have lost 8 pounds in 8 days! It leaves me in a good sweat, a clear mind, and the best part, the fat really melts off!!! But with all excersie, know your limits. Some excersies i just don't do because I'm to big to do right now. You should also take vitamins and drink a ton of water. Right now I'm taking CLA, B6 & B12, and Chromium Picolinate. Those vitamins have helped me so much chromium helps me not crave junk at all and boosts my metabolism and B6 &B12 really speed up the metabolism. My last piece of advice is DO NOT let ANYONE tell you BS like "you can't do it", or "you're crazy", "it's unhealthy to loose that much weight in a short amount of time", or my personal fav, "you look fine I don't know why you're trying to loose weight". When you(I) am like 227 pounds!!! Those people will try their damndest to sabotage your diet...DON'T LET THEM. They are almost always jelous, bitter people who have nothing better to do with themselves than to put you down and watch you fall. I don't care what nobody says, 2 pounds a week is not healthy weight loss when you are over 50 pounds overweight (such as myself). If that was true, then why don't the biggest looser contestants do that? Because its a bunch of B to the S.
Just know that whatever you make your mind up to do, your body will follow. That is what weight loss is, a battle that you MUST FIGHT in your mind. If your mind is not made up to loose the weight you have already lost.
I hope this long-winded message helped
Sacha

shawnmw 05-10-2012 08:46 AM

It looks like you haven't logged on since the day you posted this. Let us know how you are doing if you sign back in!

VitoVino 05-11-2012 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by shawnmw (Post 80910)
It looks like you haven't logged on since the day you posted this. Let us know how you are doing if you sign back in!

Good observation. I've seen a lot of threads on this forum where people keep replying to a ghost. There are many dearly departed and more should take note of that fact.

cjohnson728 05-11-2012 05:45 AM

Sometimes good info is presented even if the person is no longer around, though...

canary52 05-14-2012 02:36 AM

I agree and I also think that 70 lbs in 12 weeks is a lot for a person of any size even tho it is true it depends on the person and where he or she is starting from. Weight loss that is lasting comes at a slower rate IMHO. Sure you can lose on a very restrictive diet and a lot of intense exercise but can you maintain that?