FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   wellll.. Ive lost 27 LBS but not in time for my goal date :( (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/6698-wellll-ive-lost-27-lbs-but-not-time-my-goal-date.html)

21jamira 02-17-2012 03:59 AM

wellll.. Ive lost 27 LBS but not in time for my goal date :(

Although I have lost 27lbs and very very happy about that.. I still have 16lbs to go. My goal date was Feb 12, 2012. I have been eating crappy meals here in there since christmas.. I still have managed to lose 7lbs and 6.5 inches since mid January, 2012. The cravings are terrible. and my will power is sinking. Still going to the gym3-5 times a week and getting good workouts switching it up all the time different cardio etc.... I am really struggling with the sodium piece of things. I never add salt to anything. just int he food I eat which is tons of processed stuff... God even my water I drink has a small amount of sodium in it. ANy advice or motivation would be awesome.

Weight I started at 184lbs on August 12, 2011
Now at 157lbs on Feb 17, 2012
Goal is 140lbs
Inches is well over 15 total not sure exact number at this time though

Candice :)

wildbeanerz 02-17-2012 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 21jamira (Post 73230)
Although I have lost 27lbs and very very happy about that.. I still have 16lbs to go. My goal date was Feb 12, 2012. I have been eating crappy meals here in there since christmas.. I still have managed to lose 7lbs and 6.5 inches since mid January, 2012. The cravings are terrible. and my will power is sinking. Still going to the gym3-5 times a week and getting good workouts switching it up all the time different cardio etc.... I am really struggling with the sodium piece of things. I never add salt to anything. just int he food I eat which is tons of processed stuff... God even my water I drink has a small amount of sodium in it. ANy advice or motivation would be awesome.

Goal is 140lbs

I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit for what you have achieved. Think about it another way. You lost 27lbs in only 6 months. That is roughly 24 weeks. That means on average you lost over a pound a week. If you continued at that rate for a year you would have lost 52 pounds. I think you may have had your goal set a little too high or you are having a backslide now because you didn't reach the goal that you had set. From here on out try setting smaller, more attainable goals that give you reason to celebrate more often than going all in towards one end goal at once.

frenchhen3 02-17-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by 21jamira (Post 73230)

Goal is 140lbs

Number one, you can do this! Granted it isn't as fast as your brain wants. I am in your same boat. I started a thread to jump in and lose 15 pound in 15 weeks. We are over halfway to the end, and I have lost (trumpet blast please) two pounds. I should be at 7 or 8 or 9... but no, my body is only letting go of 2 pounds. So I take them and I keep going.

What I do to motivate me is I continue to look back through my calendar on Fitday... I go back 5 months. I go back 8 months, and I see the slow steady progress. I am not losing as fast as I was when I first started. But, I am climbing my last 15 pounds to my goal. So I am just staying the course and grabbing those pounds as they come and be determined to keep that pound off until another one joins it...

21jamira 02-27-2012 04:57 AM

Thank you for the motivation guys!

Thank you so much for the words.. I have just been craving bad foods lately that is when I discovered the Veggie burger @ Harvey's. Yummers! lol... i LOVE it and it takes away those greasy cravings and puts it to rest. I have been quite tired and lazy lthe past two weeks and I totally feel it creeping in AGAIN this week which sucks. But I am thinking MAYBE i am coming down with something. I have been sleeping a lot the past 3 days... and feel so exhausted again today. I have been going to bed at 830-9 and waking up at about 7ish.. totally sucks.

frenchhen3 02-29-2012 02:02 AM

When you crave sleep, take it! You know you are going to succeed, right? It's just going to happen differently than you planned. Go ahead and click back that fitday calendar page to heck, just to October and recall when you felt giddy about a good week you had. See where you are now compared to then and how much better you feel even now!

Try eating as much "raw" food as you can. That will help with lowering your sodium. I like dried cranberries, raw almonds, raisins... I put a tablespoon of each into a little cup and snack on that with a big glass of water. Sort of a perfect blend of fat, protein and carbs.

lcmedic135 03-11-2012 05:35 PM

Weight loss is a journey, not a destination

Candace,

You have come so far, your overall goal from the beginning was to lose weight, and become healthier.. You achieved BOTH of those.. maybe not as much as you wanted but you learned how to do it, just on a slightly different time table...

Remember, keep your goals realistic and attainable,
By doing this your lifestyle change will be MAINTAINABLE !!! :D

beccafries 03-12-2012 06:09 AM

Great Advice!! You're doing wonderfully!:)

Originally Posted by lcmedic135 (Post 75755)
Candace,

You have come so far, your overall goal from the beginning was to lose weight, and become healthier.. You achieved BOTH of those.. maybe not as much as you wanted but you learned how to do it, just on a slightly different time table...

Remember, keep your goals realistic and attainable,
By doing this your lifestyle change will be MAINTAINABLE !!! :D