Notices

2011 Report Card

Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2011 Report Card

A lot of you did really well in 2011 with losing, maintaining or just staying here. How about letting us know to motivate everyone for 2012.

Myself I'm down 29 pounds from Jan 1, 2011. It had been more but Christmas took it's toll. I also improved my fitness to the point where I survived sailing lessons better than some of the younger members.

I had hoped to be lower but that fact that I'm still here and anticipating a good year of fitness speaks well for Fitday.

Next?

Mary
Old 01-11-2012, 04:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great thread, I'll play. This snip from my FitDay PC sums up 2010 pretty well!

One Year Loss.JPG

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 01-11-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Another great thread, Mary.

I'll play as well.

I lost at a minimum 34 pounds since July. I really don't know what I weighed in the beginning of July (I was afraid to hop on the scale), but I started counting calories for the first time somewhere at the beginning of the month. I estimate I've lost more like 40 pounds since July, 34 using FD.

I was doing all the tracking by hand when I started! That's when I did a search for tracking software, checked out some sites, went with FitDay, and the rest is history in the making.

Now I'm maintaining and have been successful so far, still at or below my goal weight for a month now. After discovering more and more about how to tweak the FD for Maintenance, I'm going to share this information with others here. I'm going to debunk the old "It's not fun to maintain" and "It's harder to maintain" theories that I've seen discussed. In my opinion, setting up the software and sticking to it is just as fun as losing the weight. But it's better because now you can eat more!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

I began my journey on Feb 21, 2011. As of today I am down 58.4 lbs. Like Mary, mine was about 2lbs more but holidays took their toll on that. I am still very pleased. I started out the year wearing 28-30W jeans and 4x tops. I now where 22W jeans (20W if I buy ones with stretch in the denim) and 2x-3x tops. I have lost 11.25" from my waist!

I am so looking forward to the rest of this year!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

My 2011 wasn't impressive by any means. My beginning and ending weight was pretty close to each other but it had wild swings up and down in between.

I was able to stay active throughout the year, complete a couple 1/2 marathons despite a back injury that I thought would require surgery.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default As a newcomer . . .

this thread is most inspiring.

My Story: I first started 12/18/11 with FitDay. Blood levels out of whack. (Hope to report when next levels are drawn.)

#1 Connecting ~ Taking very small steps by joining up to FitDay, Introducing myself, Jumping into the 7-Day Motivational thread. I gained HOPE.

#2 Planning ~ Reading around the forums helped me & still helps to come up with a plan for eating & exercise. I get many ideas of how to incorporate my challenges into daily life. I gained INSIGHT.

#3 Doing ~ Planning, as important as it is, does not substitute action. These forums have helped to see how I can refocus when I do badly. When people are "real", it actually helps me to relate. I'm encouraged & held accountable. I gained ACTION.

#4 Results ~ Increased energy & endurance. Can walk 30" much more easily than when I first started. I've received complements on improved complexion. Also, I lost 4 lbs which now has stayed for 2 weeks! I've gained MUSCLE STRENGTH

So from someone who is not quite here for 1 month, I'm feeling so much better inside to out.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'll play!

I reached my weight loss goal in March of 2011, and have been losing and gaining the same 7 pounds ever since. I couldn't have done it without Fitday!!! I gained in the summer - which is normal for me - then lost in the fall, but gained again around the holidays. I am proud to have maintained exercize throughout the year. I used to be a marathon runner, and have managed to do long runs (longest 13.6 miles!) regularly. I purchased a heart rate monitor with GPS, and it helps keep me motivated and challenged. I've never been a fast runner, but have found myself sprinting short distances in the really cold weather, and actually enjoying it! Mostly, enjoying the excellent health I have had while others around me have been ill or injured. I run with my dog, Tango who's the best exercize buddy I can imagine!
Currently, back in the "fat pants" but working off the extra holiday pounds. I have no regrets - enjoyed all my favorites - but am confident I'll have the weight off before my spring break in Florida!

Last edited by nottango; 01-11-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Ooh, I love report cards!

I guess my signature really says it all, but I kind of stumbled upon FitDay in June of 2011, and, without any great fanfare, just decided to start tracking. Stumbled a bit in the first couple weeks, but somehow went from June to January with a loss of about 25 lbs. I'm very happy with that, although I kind of plateaued for the last month of 2011, and would like to have seen more loss. However, I'm fully aware that these things happen, and sometimes you have to step away and get re-invigorated before you can keep going. I'm hoping to reach my goal of 140 sometimes this summer, maybe end of the summer.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing guys. Michael that's a great weight loss graph. I should post mine for others who have one that looks like the Roller Coaster Ride this is! How do you insert it? Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 01-13-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Thanks for sharing guys. Michael that's a great weight loss graph. I should post mine for others who have one that looks like the Roller Coaster Ride this is! How do you insert it? Mary
Mary, when you open a new post, you will see the little paper clip to "manage attachments". Click that and upload your picture (I used 'snip' to grab a screenshot of mine), then insert the attachment once it's uploaded.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.