Notices

Down 165#, up 45#, now down 40#.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Down 165#, up 45#, now down 40#.

I lost 165# in about 14 months, then decided I had the tiger by the tail. How wrong I was. I put on 45# over the next 10 months, even though i was working out everyday, ran several 1/2 marathons, a full marathon, and was riding bike. That experience reiterated what I already knew, I had to track my calories. When I lost the original 165# i used fitday and tracked everything. I got re-focussed about 7 weeks ago and am doing well. I am down 40# and am a few weeks away from being at my previos low, boy it feels good. I felt my resolve and sense of accomplishment slipping away as I put the weight back on, now I feel stronger than ever, and will reach my goal of losing 1/2 my weight. I started my journey at 386#, and will get to 193#, and hold it there.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Wonderful!
How many calories per day did you settle on? I know you are quite active and that is so impressive..... I was just wondering how the food/exercise stacked up for you.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Very impressive! I'd love to say that I've lost half of my weight, but for that I'd have to get down to 165. I don't know if I'll ever get that low... I'd be happy with 180.

I'm looking forward to reading updates as you head towards that goal, best of luck.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Very impresive. What are you doing different besides exercising? I realized last year I was not eating enough and needed to incorporate mini-meals. Stop and went back up 10 lbs.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

How were you able to lose 40 pounds in 7 weeks?

Thanks, Natalie
Old 03-14-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by r.springstead
That experience reiterated what I already knew, I had to track my calories.
Yep...I too learned the hard way that calorie tracking will probably be a way of life for me for some time to come. Recent article in Runners World suggests it takes several years of nearly the same effort as you put into weight loss to really achieve maintenance...kinda like a remission period I guess!

You are awesome though for hopping back on that wagon and doing what needed to be done! My hat goes off to you
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I try to get at least 1800, 2000 is the average, and max is 2500. i am losing 2-3# pwe week at that. i eat plenty of protein 130g/day. red meat every cople of weeks, and try to get vegetables, but prefer fruit.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

last year i didn't track calories on-line. i also try to eat a mid-morning and afternoon snack. anothe rkey for me is to avoid situations where i may over eat by eating healthy before i go. for me it is all about having a plan and planning ahead. if i go out to eat, i decide what to order before i go and don't even look at a menu to avoid the temptation.