FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   1/2 The Man I Used To Be (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/5456-1-2-man-i-used.html)

uswjst01 10-15-2011 03:56 AM

1/2 The Man I Used To Be

Actually I'm about 75% of the man I used to be; down from 355 lbs to 265 lbs in about 4 and 1/2 months. Ultimately I will get to the man I'm going to be for the rest of my life.

I wrote sometime back about some small successes and I want to share a couple more recent ones.

*My family and I completed a 5K 2 weeks ago in Chicago. This was a great experience for me and something I have only done one other time in my life and that was 20 years ago. There was a sense of accomplishment and it brought us closer together. We'll be doing more.

*I have been able to buckle my seat belt on commercial airlines without the extender for a while. Yesterday on my flight I was able to put the tray table all the way down and level and I even had a little room left. It's a little thing but I felt satisfied seeing it.

*I had a neighbor stop me during my walk last week and tell me he had seen me walking all summer and that he was having trouble keeping motivated. He noticed I went every day and commented on the result. He wanted to know if I would mind if he joined me this winter to keep him accountable and motivated. You bet.

*My VP helped get me selected to attend a leadership program our company hosts. The week long event has as part of the focus nutrition, health and well being. My VP explained his observation of me over the past several months prompted him to speak for me. I am excited for this opportunity as it will add key resources to what I am already doing.

Life is good. I have a deep appreciation for you and a comfortable sense of support just knowing you're out there.

MonkeyDave19 10-15-2011 05:26 AM

Inspirational!

No more I can say apart from well done and keep going

RunbikeSki 10-15-2011 02:06 PM

Thanks soooo much for sharing your success. Wow, you have done a total 180! Keep it up fella :D

snafuken 10-15-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by uswjst01 (Post 59527)
Actually I'm about 75% of the man I used to be; down from 355 lbs to 265 lbs in about 4 and 1/2 months. Ultimately I will get to the man I'm going to be for the rest of my life.

I wrote sometime back about some small successes and I want to share a couple more recent ones.

*My family and I completed a 5K 2 weeks ago in Chicago. This was a great experience for me and something I have only done one other time in my life and that was 20 years ago. There was a sense of accomplishment and it brought us closer together. We'll be doing more.

*I have been able to buckle my seat belt on commercial airlines without the extender for a while. Yesterday on my flight I was able to put the tray table all the way down and level and I even had a little room left. It's a little thing but I felt satisfied seeing it.

*I had a neighbor stop me during my walk last week and tell me he had seen me walking all summer and that he was having trouble keeping motivated. He noticed I went every day and commented on the result. He wanted to know if I would mind if he joined me this winter to keep him accountable and motivated. You bet.

*My VP helped get me selected to attend a leadership program our company hosts. The week long event has as part of the focus nutrition, health and well being. My VP explained his observation of me over the past several months prompted him to speak for me. I am excited for this opportunity as it will add key resources to what I am already doing.

Life is good. I have a deep appreciation for you and a comfortable sense of support just knowing you're out there.

Wow !!
Take pride in what you have done .Give yourself a big pat on your back ,cause you deserve it.! :D

01gt4.6 10-16-2011 05:43 AM

Great job! It looks like now you'll have a new walking buddy.

ripemango 10-16-2011 08:30 AM

great reading this

in need of some weight loss inspiration today, which is why i stopped into the board this afternoon.

I've been pretty much maintaining for a while. It really does help reading people's success stories. They reinforce within me that YES I can do this too.

Thank you for your post and congrats on your weight loss!!

Rubystars 10-16-2011 06:58 PM

That's really wonderful! Good job!

helveticat 10-17-2011 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by ripemango (Post 59590)
in need of some weight loss inspiration today, which is why i stopped into the board this afternoon.

Same here. Awesome job! :D