Notices

No change in weight rawr

Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Red face No change in weight rawr

1,200 calories a day, with 30-60 min. 4 times a week cardio. If I plan to eat 1,300 calories, I'll workout to burn the extra off.

I'm not losing weight. I haven't for quite some time and I doubt It's a platou, but If anyone can help me, I was hoping to lose at least two lbs. before my week vacation... but this is my last week now

(Started 3 years ago at 216 lbs.) I am 27, 5'5", and 129. It's the belly that I'm not happy with, and for the last month, I've done 5 min. of sit ups in the morning, and 5 min. on my rear. So, I've lost my butt, and my belly won't go.

If anyone can help me, I would be so so so happy. I already did 60 min. on my stationary bike today, but I've only got until friday now, bah. Even 1 lb. would make me happy.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

The first time I posted I was upset about plateauing. And then it happened again two weeks later. Granted, it was PMS bloat, and while today I hit and new low, I'll prolly peak again. But I realized I'm so close to my goal (12 lbs away), and I have 24 days to go. So I went on vacation, took a break from working out for a bit, and then slammed myself with two tae bo workouts a day (a la Billy Blanks) and it's working and I'm sore, and happy Try it! I think tae bo is fun, so even though I'm tired (12 hr shift today) and it's late, I'll probably do it tonight. Just keep yourself interested, and confuse your body. Maybe lighten up for a few days, then tighten the belt and double your efforts. Too much stress on your body will hold onto the weight. But this is just imo.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
FitDay Member

Situps are a waste of time for the most part and have been proven to be one of the most worthless ab exercises. Do you lift any weights? I'd say try some squats to build your core up a little more. Once you get some muscle going it will feed on your fat.. in a sense. Are you doing the same cardio every time? Mix it up a little. Shock your body.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nice!

Thanks you guys for taking time to read and respond to my post. While watching my calories still, I changed up the foods I'm eating, and the times. I workout before I eat a single bite in the morning. I've added 20 min. onto my workouts, and do them daily instead, as well as cut out the sit ups. I'm doing squats instead, and I've gone from the 129 I was stuck at to 127. So, I am hoping that was enough of a shock for my body, things are working out again, and I'm happy to have gotten something from my efforts before my vacation! (even though they are little :P )

Thanks again!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bzilla27
1,200 calories a day, with 30-60 min. 4 times a week cardio. If I plan to eat 1,300 calories, I'll workout to burn the extra off.

I'm not losing weight. I haven't for quite some time and I doubt It's a platou, but If anyone can help me, I was hoping to lose at least two lbs. before my week vacation... but this is my last week now

(Started 3 years ago at 216 lbs.) I am 27, 5'5", and 129. It's the belly that I'm not happy with, and for the last month, I've done 5 min. of sit ups in the morning, and 5 min. on my rear. So, I've lost my butt, and my belly won't go.

If anyone can help me, I would be so so so happy. I already did 60 min. on my stationary bike today, but I've only got until friday now, bah. Even 1 lb. would make me happy.
WHat is your protein, carb, fat mix - it would help if you moved to a high protein/lox carb mix and avoid bread, pasta etc.

Think a "cutting" diet before a bodybuilder goes into a contest and you will not be far wrong
Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Also, a lot of people swear by carb cycling. It might be worth a shot.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...ge=CarbCycling

Last edited by njc0las; 08-07-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by njc0las
Also, a lot of people swear by carb cycling. It might be worth a shot.

Bodybuilding.com - Carb Cycling Articles!
I actually think that might be what did it for me. I normally eat more when I'm with my bf, or eat higher calorie things. We like to eat out, too.

I don't think I finished my thought here. I was working out and plateaued, then went on vacation with him for a week. When I came home and started again, I lost the rest.

Last edited by azazelsfyre; 05-09-2012 at 10:51 AM.