Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Mike Supporters Forum >

Mike Supporters Forum

Community
Notices

Mike Supporters Forum

Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

You've been an inspiration to all of us so you'll have all our support now. Everyone has setbacks here and there but I love the line in Cassie's signature about dropping one egg... Time to relearn the good habits. I'm doing the same thing. I lost 50 before I came here but needed to lose 70. I felt so good about the 50 and my progress that I got overly confident and lost focus (mix in some stress), and gained 20 back. Then I found you guys.

Go for it Mike! It's all yours to take.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by showmenow
Mike you have 5 weeks, I have 10. Lets do this!!

Deanna
Thanks Deanna. Your weightloss so far has been amazing! Keep it up!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi Deanna, great to see you!

Mike, another good day on goals! Keep it up!
Thanks Cassie. If I start slacking feel free to kick me!

Originally Posted by Newlee11
You've been an inspiration to all of us so you'll have all our support now. Everyone has setbacks here and there but I love the line in Cassie's signature about dropping one egg... Time to relearn the good habits. I'm doing the same thing. I lost 50 before I came here but needed to lose 70. I felt so good about the 50 and my progress that I got overly confident and lost focus (mix in some stress), and gained 20 back. Then I found you guys.

Go for it Mike! It's all yours to take.
awww, thank. I think that I got into an egg fight with myself, but that's over with now. You'll reach your goal, like you said, just stay focused.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Don't you just hate those egg fights with yourself? I never know why I do some dumb things to sabatoge myself.

I was wondering Mike whetehr you were hungry when you were overeating or just not paying attention. I'm far less hungry when I'm eating healthy than when I just let myself go and eat everything. That may be one of the reasons maintenance is so hard. Now I know when I'm hungry and will do something about it, however it's very seldom I let myself get that far. Does that make sense? Mary
Old 07-27-2011, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mary, I was just giving it to the cravings. I was also thinking about junk food and making myself crave it. It was a viscous cycle.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

It's funny how easy that is to fall into once you start giving in. I find it easier to handle my cravings when I take an absolute position against certain ones. Others I will allow on occasion. Bread can be one of my worst. I also find that with alcohol. I have to take a postion on whether I'm having none, or one before I start if I want to limit my drinks. Stopping after 2 is not easy. Same with Apps. Mary
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
For the past month and a half, my diet hasn't been stellar and due to a back injury I had to take some time off from my workouts. I've been back to working out for a few weeks, but not with the same intensity.
I hear ya bro! I gained back 10-13lbs. after a couple of running injuries back in May- it's real easy to slide back into being a slacker....ice cold beers were my vice.
At my best, I was weighing in at a consistent 156-158lbs,but I ballooned up to 171 after the injuries and now I've got it down to 165-166. I'm trying to get it under 165 and keep it there. The loss of muscle definition and watching my 4 pack disappear was a lil depressing, but I knew it was only a temporary set back.

I'm slowly working my way back into a routine since my injuries have healed up and have been tightening up on my diet and alcohol consumption.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the support sw07! Yeah my 4 pack is also gone, it is depressing. What was your highest weight?

I have a 1/2 marathon in Sept. I'll be forced to walk the entire thing.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks for the support sw07! Yeah my 4 pack is also gone, it is depressing. What was your highest weight?

I have a 1/2 marathon in Sept. I'll be forced to walk the entire thing.
215 lbs. was my highest weight.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sw07
215 lbs. was my highest weight.
Wow, that's about where i was when I started but I don't think I'll ever get as low as you did. Great job!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

That has always been my problem as well. When I am working out it seems much easier for me to stay focused regarding my diet. When I have stopped working out in the past, it was soon after that I no longer worried about the food I was eating. My hope this time around is that I can reach my goal, and find a happy medium that allows me to maintain my weight without falling off the clean diet wagon. I just recently found fitday and feel that taking the time to record my food really keeps me focused on what I am eating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.