Mike Supporters Forum >

Mike Supporters Forum

Community
Notices

Mike Supporters Forum

Old 07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Mike Supporters Forum

Mike Glad to see you back on track and your plan sounds good. How long did it take you to gain the 10 pounds? Did you totally stop weighing in as well as tracking.

I did a simiiar thing after losing 57 pounds in 2006. I wish I'd gotten back on track after 10 pounds instead of 35! I found I got away with not recording for a while then the weight started coming back.

We should all work together to find out ways to make maintenance exciting and rewarding. I know I'm going to need that in a few months. Mary
Old 07-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Oh wow, I get my own thread!

I usually hover around 172-174. I have gotten as low as 168, I think (I'd have to check). For the past month and a half, my diet hasn't been stellar and due to a back injury I had to take some time off from my workouts. I've been back to working out for a few weeks, but not with the same intensity.

I found it harder and harder to stick to 1 cheat meal a week. It quickly turned into 1 cheat DAY a week, which lead to me having to struggle to go 2-3 days without cheating. Before I new it I was having 2-3 cheat days a week. My clean days weren't that clean either.

The past week was horrendous. I didn't log a thing and pretty much ate until I felt sick. I gorged for an entire week, probably eating 3k-4k calories a day of nothing but garbage. That got me to where I was this morning, 177.6 pounds. While that may not seem like a lot, I have no boubt that the entire gain (and then some) was pure fat. I have lost some of my muscle mass over that past month and a half and my midsection is weak from not being able to do any core work. DAMN BACK! When I look at my picture in my signature of 178pounds I was in a lot better shape then. So the weight can be deceiving.

Now the trick will be to get back down to 169 in 5 weeks without losing any more muscle. I have to stay focused and keep my head straight and rely on y'all for support (and an occasional kick in the ass) to battle my food demons.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck Mike. I've been going strong for 6+ mo now with 36lbs down and have had a few good days of eating whatever,when ever. About 4 mo in we went to San Fransisco and I ate 4000kcals for 3 days(yes, it was glorious). Gained 11 lbs but lost 8 w/in 4 days after. I still have days where we go bbq and eat 2500+kcals but get right back into my 1750-1850 diet. Sometimes it's hard to look at our goal in yr terms and focus on this month, this week.

Just remember your running a marathon and you simply got off track 20 miles in and now you're back on track.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1dwing
Good luck Mike. I've been going strong for 6+ mo now with 36lbs down and have had a few good days of eating whatever,when ever. About 4 mo in we went to San Fransisco and I ate 4000kcals for 3 days(yes, it was glorious). Gained 11 lbs but lost 8 w/in 4 days after. I still have days where we go bbq and eat 2500+kcals but get right back into my 1750-1850 diet. Sometimes it's hard to look at our goal in yr terms and focus on this month, this week.

Just remember your running a marathon and you simply got off track 20 miles in and now you're back on track.
Thanks. I must admit that it was also glorious being able to eat what ever I wanted without stressing over it, but there were times that I did stress over it.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

GO, MIKE, GO!!

If I'd been in shape in high school, I coulda been a cheerleader .

I'll have to start late!

You got this, you can do it. You had an awesome day yesterday; do it again! You know you're good habits'll come back.

As you know, I've had a boatload of shaky days myself, especially this summer, but in reality since the holidays. I am convinced maintaining is harder than losing, but not impossible and we can all do it. We're all behind you!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
GO, MIKE, GO!!

If I'd been in shape in high school, I coulda been a cheerleader .

I'll have to start late!

You got this, you can do it. You had an awesome day yesterday; do it again! You know you're good habits'll come back.

As you know, I've had a boatload of shaky days myself, especially this summer, but in reality since the holidays. I am convinced maintaining is harder than losing, but not impossible and we can all do it. We're all behind you!
Thanks. Now go get the pom poms.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks. Now go get the pom poms.
I'll have to stuff my bra .
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'll have to stuff my bra .
That's not what the pom poms are to be used for.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Mike you have 5 weeks, I have 10. Lets do this!!

Deanna
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Deanna, great to see you!

Mike, another good day on goals! Keep it up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.