FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   One Year Weigh-in Anniversary (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/4524-one-year-weigh-anniversary.html)

mecompco 06-18-2011 11:32 PM

One Year Weigh-in Anniversary

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd post this--as I've mentioned before, my scale only has a 400 lbs. capacity so it was 6 weeks into my lifestyle change before it would register. That day happened to be June 19th, 2010. So:

Attachment 101

June 19, 2010 393 lbs.
June 19, 2011 229 lbs.

Net Loss: 164 lbs.

Amazing what a few tiny lifestyle changes, combined with tracking them on FitDay can accomplish. And I'll be the first to admit that this loss could have been greatly accellerated but I'm not perfect and decided that a slower rate with little real discomfort was the way to go.

A year seems like a really long time but it goes by so fast. I truly encourage anyone who has a lot of weight to lose to not even think about how long it might take. Really, if you get a system in place that works and that you can live with the losses pretty much take care of themselves.

Regards,
Michael

cjohnson728 06-19-2011 12:58 AM

Wise words, Michael, and congratulations on a job well done. You are as steady as a rock and your progress has inspired many people.

Happy Father's Day to you, as well!

01gt4.6 06-19-2011 02:49 AM

that is awesome Michael!

Kumochi 06-19-2011 05:29 AM

Well said Michael. Have a double celebration today. Mary

RunbikeSki 06-19-2011 05:43 AM

Micheal,
That is wonderful! I know you have lost and regained a couple of times over the years. It looks like you have found the program that is going to stick.

"Slow and steady wins the race" as we were all taught in grade school.
Healthy is a great way to celebrate Fathers Day
Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us. :)

mecompco 06-19-2011 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 48957)
Micheal,
That is wonderful! I know you have lost and regained a couple of times over the years. It looks like you have found the program that is going to stick.

"Slow and steady wins the race" as we were all taught in grade school.
Healthy is a great way to celebrate Fathers Day
Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us. :)

Yup, I think I've learned my lesson. No fad diets, no starvation, just eating moderate amounts of good foods, some modest amount of daily exercise and the (very) occasional day or two "off" (but still not going totally crazy).

The key, I think for folks like myself, is going to be to continue to log everything even after reaching a particular "goal weight". Food addicts, speaking for myself, need accountability and the daily ritual of adding foods and exercise into the journal seems to provide that.

Regards,
Michael

MAIN80 06-19-2011 03:56 PM

Michael, that is simply great! Steady steady! Congratulations!

vabeachgirlNYC 06-19-2011 06:24 PM

Wow! :eek: That is amazing! Congratulations! :)

canary52 06-19-2011 10:14 PM

Here's to Michael (I am raising my glass of sparkling non caloric beverage), to a man who has been so kind and encouraging to so many people on this site, I do hope you truly honor your own success and terrific accomplishment. Congratulations for sticking with it and achieiving so much, not only what you've done for yourself, which is wonderful, but because you are such an incredible inspiration to others!!!

boolz 06-20-2011 01:40 AM

Congratulations! This is such an inspiration. I'm determined to have a similar celebration this time next year.