FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   WIP Story w/Pics (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/4204-wip-story-w-pics.html)

mecompco 05-05-2011 12:47 PM

WIP Story w/Pics

2 Attachment(s)
OK, as promised, on my One Year Anniversary of my (current) lifestyle change and use of FitDay, I present a couple of pictures.

The first is me on the Fourth of July in '09 (next to my Jeep as the club participated in the 4th of July parade)--not at my biggest, but you get the picture (size 8x T shirt and 6x trousers). I'm well over 400 here, but can't say for sure how much over. I've not yet found any more recent "before" pictures but I guarantee I wasn't any smaller when I re-joined FitDay on May 4th of 2010.

Second picture was taken yesterday (05/04/11) on my one-year anniversary. Size 40 (relaxed) Wranglers and XL Levi jean jacket. I'm 249 in this picture.

Now, the current picture is NOT an "after" as I am still very much a Work In Progress. Nor, is this a success story. Sadly, this is a failure story as I was down to 184 back in '01/'02. And I can't say that I will ever be done with this until I breath my last--it will be one of those "never ending stories".

Anyway, here goes:

Attachment 88
"Before"

Attachment 89
Current (NOT "After")

FWIW, I've gotten this far in one year using FitDay daily, eating a reasonable amount of real food, having the occasional "day off" (or two), and doing a pretty modest (30 min) amount of daily exercise (mainly walking). No pills, shots, starving, patent gadgets, surgery or other hocus pocus.

Regards,
Michael

DancinBear2 05-05-2011 01:29 PM

That is truely amazing Michael, you must feel great! Congratulations to you on making it this far. I look forward to seeing next year's pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 45599)
Sadly, this is a failure story as I was down to 184 back in '01/'02.

Going from 184 to over 400 may be a failure story, but that was in the past. As one of my favorite moderators often says "That was the past, put it behind you and move on". This is definately a success story, be proud of what you accomplished.

Thanks for sharing.

jtinkson 05-05-2011 01:38 PM

You have done great!!! Success is never ending! Each day is a success!

01gt4.6 05-05-2011 02:00 PM

wow, that's awesome. Seeing the pics make a real impact.

gmantych 05-05-2011 02:03 PM

WOW-You look amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. What an inspiration!!!!

taubele 05-05-2011 02:10 PM

You look amazing (and, if I may say so, younger!)

I don't think your current story is a failure story. In fact, I think it's a "coming back stronger than ever" story, and those are the best stories of all! I hope you're as proud of yourself as we all are! :) Thanks for putting these out there, it's truly awesome to see.

You're doing a great job, Michael, and very VERY inspirational! Keep it up!

~Terri

vabeachgirlNYC 05-05-2011 03:01 PM

Holy WOW! Are you sure the first isn't your dad?!

Your pics are amazing proof of your desire to work hard on living a fit and healthy lifestyle.

I would have to guess that your "relaxed" fit jeans are are also maybe a size too big, lol!

Congrats on your success!

mecompco 05-05-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 45619)
Holy WOW! Are you sure the first isn't your dad?!

Your pics are amazing proof of your desire to work hard on living a fit and healthy lifestyle.

I would have to guess that your "relaxed" fit jeans are are also maybe a size too big, lol!

Congrats on your success!

:D Nope, Dad has been gone a while, but I do have his lack of hair. And you're right--the 40s are getting bit loose but the 38s are still a bit snug--kinda in between right at the moment.

Regards,
Michael

vabeachgirlNYC 05-05-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 45621)
:D Nope, Dad has been gone a while, but I do have his lack of hair. And you're right--the 40s are getting bit loose but the 38s are still a bit snug--kinda in between right at the moment.

Regards,
Michael

You could shave it all off! Bald men are sexy as hell! :D

Kumochi 05-05-2011 03:29 PM

Well Done and thanks for sharing. There are so many of us on fitday who know that this has to be a life time battle, I hope we all become alumni of fitday and stay on even once our goals are reached. Mary