FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/4024-18-5-lbs-losses-2-months-after-4-mths-gaining-4mths-plateau.html)

mariang 04-13-2011 12:17 AM

18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau

So just under a year ago I ended a terrible relationship and used food as my source of comfort, not to mention being on a medication with weight gain as a side effect... 35lbs and 5 dress sizes later I finally came to my senses...

I've always been quite active and eaten well so I increased my exercise and started eating extremely healthy. FOUR MONTHS LATER... I had not dropped even so much as one dress size, or one pound. I can't tell you how frustrating this was (maybe some of you completely understand!)

I know this doesn't work for anyone, but I decided to go low-carb, on a diet of 70% (good) fat, 25% protein and 5% carb I finally started seeing the scale budge! MORESO, I started seeing more muscle tone, and losing dress sizes!

Maybe it was the low-carb that jump started my weight loss, maybe not but I'm now transitioning (adding 5g of carbs/wk) and my weight continues to drop (very slowly now, but it's still dropping!)

I hope to be back to my original size (maybe not my original weight) within the next two months!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

taubele 04-13-2011 12:16 PM

Super-congratulations to you, that must feel great!

mecompco 04-13-2011 02:54 PM

That's great--keep on doin' what you're doin'! :D

Regards,
Michael

oglalagirl 04-16-2011 01:20 PM

Awesome!

:)Awesome.:) Your story is very encouraging. When I feel like giving up it really helps to read about the success of those who are succeeding through their struggles.

sockmonkeymassive 04-20-2011 08:25 AM

Similar diet to mine

Hi Mariang

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. :D

What struck me is you diet is more or less exactly the same as my anabolic diet I started on the 4th of April 11'. My Macro's are the same but I have a 2 day carb up every weekend after the initial 12 day induction.

I am hoping to have fantastic resluts with this diet as I've read up on it alot.

No one else on Fitday as far as I know is following this protocol.

Maybe we should be buddies? I live in the UK

To better health and improved confidence.
Lollie

Kathy13118 04-20-2011 03:14 PM

Are you putting your food in a fitday food log? What are your average weekly calorie counts like?

mariang 04-20-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 (Post 44253)
Are you putting your food in a fitday food log? What are your average weekly calorie counts like?

I am putting my food in my fitday log, almost every day.

I eat about 1580cals/day,

I am calculating my NET carbs (so the carbs from fresh vegetables do not count) which affects the fat/protein/carb ratio on my fitday profile. My profile currently puts my average at around 60fat/25protein/8carb/7alcohol. My NET carb ratio is lower than 8% for sure.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of calories I'm eating - 1580 is on a 'good day', sometimes I'm closer to 1900. I've been having sporadic 'cheat days' as well where I eat well over 2500 cals.

I'm 5'4" 136lbs currently

beccafries 04-21-2011 09:05 PM

great job!!