FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Success Stories (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/)
-   -   My story with pics (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/success-stories/388-my-story-pics.html)

01gt4.6 02-10-2010 10:52 AM

My story with pics

My name is Mike and I was in bad shape (5'8" 210#)and fast approaching age 38 and I knew that getting in shape wasn't going to be as easy as it was when I was younger.

I went from a job that had me active to a desk job. My job changed but I didn't, I still kept the same eating habits and started packing on the weight. I decided that I needed to make a change. That change would come from proper nutrition (that I monitor with FitDay) and exercise (P90X).

I saw the P90X infomercial and wondered if it really works. My 1st goal was to at least drop 20#'s before starting P90X (just to try to make the program easier to do). Well it took me all of 42 days to drop my 1st 20#'s. I continued to work on getting in shape and towards the end of August I started P90X, I was starting down to 182#.

I finished 90 days and got down to 174#'s. Then started my next 90 days. I'm now about to start phase 3, of round 2 and I'm very pleased with my results. I've made a ton of videos on YouTube and have taken a million pictures throughout my journey.

Many of you on here have lost A LOT of weight and it's very motivating. Below are some pics of me (it's only about a 35# change), but hopefully I can help motivate others. I believe you can do anything if you want it badly enough.

Now at age 38 I'm in the shape that I was in during my 20's.

I don't know what the rules are here about posting pictures without your shirt on, for the most part that's what 99% of my pictures are, so if you don't want to see a fat guy without his shirt... I apologize (don't scroll down).

Thanks,
Mike

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ideresized.jpg

mfagerstrom 02-10-2010 11:03 AM

Great job! You're where I want to be eventually.

01gt4.6 02-10-2010 11:21 AM

at the rate that you're going, you'll be there in no time. I'm not quite where I'd like to be but I'm getting there. My goal is to get down to 10% body fat and either stay at 175lbs. or go up. I don't think I'd want to get above 185 but if I can get the BF% down I just may.

karlahink 02-10-2010 03:35 PM

Great Job! I just ordered p90x and it's supposed to arrive on Saturday! Why are all these advertisments here??

01gt4.6 02-11-2010 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by karlahink (Post 3115)
Great Job! I just ordered p90x and it's supposed to arrive on Saturday! Why are all these advertisments here??

I don't see any advertisements :D. I downloaded ABP (Ad Blocker Plus) for my toolbar a year ago and don't see any ads. I love it, I think I got it from Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com it was free.

staceyalberta 02-11-2010 05:25 AM

Congrats you are looking great.

01gt4.6 02-11-2010 07:22 AM

thank you Stacey

crazydaycarelady1 02-14-2010 10:29 AM

Wow! Great job! You look awesome!

DeathArrow 02-14-2010 12:01 PM

Look at you! :D how great! Esepcially at 38. You seriously did a fantastic job. I even see a 6-pack showing through :p Did you also do weightlifting? I don't know what the p90x thing is, so if it included weightlifting, I would not know. But anyway, keep up the good work. I honestly don't think it is necessary for you to lose any more weight (if that is what your going for).

01gt4.6 02-15-2010 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady1 (Post 3419)
Wow! Great job! You look awesome!

thanks. I love your user name.

01gt4.6 02-15-2010 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by DeathArrow (Post 3424)
Look at you! :D how great! Esepcially at 38. You seriously did a fantastic job. I even see a 6-pack showing through :p Did you also do weightlifting? I don't know what the p90x thing is, so if it included weightlifting, I would not know. But anyway, keep up the good work. I honestly don't think it is necessary for you to lose any more weight (if that is what your going for).

I'm not trying to lose more weight, just lose a little more fat. I'd like to have a well defined 6 pack, which may be a challenge. I was to do this while adding more muscle. I'm going to the "personal trainer" look, I think if I get any thinner i'll have the runners look.
P90X includes weights lifting(or bands), cardio, stretching and Yoga.

cjohnson728 02-15-2010 03:24 AM

It's great to see when hard work pays off. Kudos to you!

01gt4.6 02-15-2010 09:37 AM

thanks. I've had a little setback, but I'll overcome and get back on track.

Built 02-15-2010 10:12 AM

FANTASTIC! You are sure to motivate many!

pinkzeb 02-21-2010 08:56 PM

Wow, what a great job, i love seeing how other people are transforming their bodys. They are definately inspirational. Im going to show my hubby and hopfully he will follow suit, lol.

01gt4.6 02-22-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Built (Post 3496)
FANTASTIC! You are sure to motivate many!

Thanks Beth.

Originally Posted by pinkzeb
Wow, what a great job, i love seeing how other people are transforming their bodys. They are definately inspirational. Im going to show my hubby and hopfully he will follow suit, lol.

THANK YOU, I hope I can help motivate him. It's amazing what will power can do, someone really has to want it, AND BE WILLING TO MAKE THE CHANGES NECESSARY. I'm going to look at a gym today, I think after I finish this round of P90X (4 weeks) I'll join a gym and take what I learned and continue to push myself harder.

amanda9072 02-22-2010 11:13 PM

my father is doing P90X at work with all his workmates and they love it so the one guy made one for me at home, me and my mom started last night, hope it works, just the fitness test was hard!

01gt4.6 02-23-2010 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by amanda9072 (Post 4166)
my father is doing P90X at work with all his workmates and they love it so the one guy made one for me at home, me and my mom started last night, hope it works, just the fitness test was hard!

it works for sure. It's very hard so don't let it get you down. After the first week or two it's gets easier.

JillSwank 02-24-2010 02:10 AM

Husband and I just started P90X, we are huffing and puffing but focused! He is like you 6'5" 262#, but wants to be down to 220# at the end of 90 days. Thanks for posting, helps to know a real person succeded!

01gt4.6 02-24-2010 07:06 AM

Jill,

I wish y'all the best. It's a great program, stick with it and you'll see great results.

JimD200 02-25-2010 12:20 PM

Good job man! You must have made all the right choices, which leads to wonder about your user name...why a Ford?
I am about to start my fitness journey and at 35, I will have no excuses having seen your success. Thanks for sharing,
Jim

01gt4.6 02-25-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by JimD200 (Post 4474)
Good job man! You must have made all the right choices, which leads to wonder about your user name...why a Ford?
I am about to start my fitness journey and at 35, I will have no excuses having seen your success. Thanks for sharing,
Jim

I've always loved mustangs, I just learned the hard way that modding a modular motor is expensive. My next "hot rod" will another mustang (foxbody LX notch) but I'll do an LSx swap and either turbo or I'll stick with N2O. Either way it'll be a 9 second car that gets decent gas mileage. It would be the cheapest route to go fast, while still having a good looking body.

JimD200 02-28-2010 03:25 AM

Cool, I started a project car years ago, then got married, had our first kid, bought a house, had a second kid, and now day dream about finishing the project car...:rolleyes:
Good luck with getting everything done, and have fun!

finallyfree73 03-02-2010 09:22 AM

Amazing!! Your discipline has certainly paid off! You actually look like your own son now!

01gt4.6 03-14-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by finallyfree73 (Post 4876)
Amazing!! Your discipline has certainly paid off! You actually look like your own son now!

thanks. Someone else has said that I look like my own son. Too bad I don't have one, it would be funny to compare.

mlaster 05-11-2010 12:50 AM

Wow! Freaking unbelievable! Hats off to you. I've lost close to 30 lbs already and looking to loose another 50 at least. You are an inspiration!:D:D:D

mlaster 05-11-2010 12:52 AM

Once again, great job. Mike, what is P90x by the way?

MollySue2 05-12-2010 05:58 AM

Kudos to you for getting in such great shape! You truly are an inspiration!

01gt4.6 05-12-2010 08:33 AM

thanks everyone!

P90X is a set of workout DVD's. It's a 90 day program that's pretty intense. It combines strength training along with cardio, it even has Yoga! It comes with a nutrition guide (that I didn't follow). It doesn't require much equiptment, either dumbbells (or resistance bands), and a pullup bar. I have not known of anyone that has done it and didn't seen great results. If you are up late at night you'll probably stumble across a P90X infomercial... but you won't see me in it. lol

kevin.gootee 06-09-2010 12:40 AM

Just started FitDay

I just started Fitday this last Monday and have spent literally years in the gym trying to manage my weight and "thought" I had a good handle on diet. Since I have been logging my food and exercise this week, I have already dropped 3 lbs. I know that is not a lot in comparison to many, but I have been staying between 200 and 205 for years and finally seem to have found something to get me on the right track to meet my weight loss goals. Best of all, I think this will help with life style changes to keep me there.

Heck, I already turned down my softball team's offer to go to the bar when our game got rained out last night...usually, I go and put down a picture of beer and have a burger and fries. One day I will have th strength to hang out without giving in to to beer and fried foods. :D

01gt4.6 06-09-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by kevin.gootee (Post 12987)
I just started Fitday this last Monday and have spent literally years in the gym trying to manage my weight and "thought" I had a good handle on diet. Since I have been logging my food and exercise this week, I have already dropped 3 lbs. I know that is not a lot in comparison to many, but I have been staying between 200 and 205 for years and finally seem to have found something to get me on the right track to meet my weight loss goals. Best of all, I think this will help with life style changes to keep me there.

Heck, I already turned down my softball team's offer to go to the bar when our game got rained out last night...usually, I go and put down a picture of beer and have a burger and fries. One day I will have th strength to hang out without giving in to to beer and fried foods. :D

good job Kevin!