Notices

Compliments

Old 07-20-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great story zahut
I see a hottie on the horizon
Old 08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

One of my bad habits that I can't knock down is smoking. I was getting smokes earlier and apparently I now look way younger than I did when I was bigger. I still had that young face, but not like now. The kid asked me for my license to buy them, and the kid said " wow, I had you pegged for a lot younger, like I thought you were 19" I just turned 32 in June so all I said was " I didn't think I looked that young, but I will take it"
Awesomeness.....
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lunch with an old friend

I hadn't seen her in a few years, but we worked together for a dysfunctional boss, it had been a dark time for me, and I was steadily getting fatter. We caught up on life and she asked "have you always been this skinny?" I never have conceived that adjective about myself!

Abby
Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

I started on my way to a new me in May at 254 lbs and
have meet my rate of loss goal of 5 lb a month. Final goal 160.
So now I'm down 20 lbs and I feel better and have more energy
but no one has noticed! I was hoping for a little pat on the back.
how much did you lose before any one noticed?

Dave C.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:48 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Dave, that's great! Big kudos. Sticking to it is the key

It may take a while before anyone suddenly realizes that you are now a whole different shape. When people see you every day they get used to how you look day-to-day. For most of us, the first person to notice is someone you haven't seen for a while.

However, I am guessing that EVERYONE will notice when you cross that majc 200lb line, so keep up the good work and I promise the compliments are just around the corner .
Old 09-11-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Pam believe it or not your words have helped me
stay motivated.

Dave C.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Dave, hang in there! People will start noticing, just give it time. I know when I hit 20, I did not have anyone notice, but as soon as it went to 25 and now 30 I have had quite a few comments. My problem now is I am stuck at 30. I have been stuck for so long that for the last week my eating went way out of control and I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. Today that is changing. Back to the gym, back to eating right and no more negative thoughts!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default Slighty crude but made me laugh...

Getting ready to go to work this morning, my BF turns to look at me and kind of tilts his head. I lifted a brow at him, and he just shrugged and said "Your butt is starting to get noticeably nicer."

Nice pick-me-up in the morning! I laughed, but never underestimate the power of thinking you've got a good booty for the day!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Getting ready to go to work this morning, my BF turns to look at me and kind of tilts his head. I lifted a brow at him, and he just shrugged and said "Your butt is starting to get noticeably nicer."

Nice pick-me-up in the morning! I laughed, but never underestimate the power of thinking you've got a good booty for the day!
True that!

I've been known to do the craning my neck backwards, end up turning round and round thing, and eventually asking my husband if I'm having a "bad ass day."

Although in reality, I recognize that if I am, there's no right answer to that.

I had kind of an anti-complement yesterday. I did some work in a county I gave up doing about 3-4 years ago, and when I saw one of the women who worked there, she said the old, "You haven't changed a bit!!!" Not just for conversation, like she was astonished. Of course, since I was last there, I've lose over 20 pounds and cut off all my hair .
Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

I bought my newest jeans in May this year. They were fairly tight but I wanted them that way. They have been getting looser lately. Last night this is the comment I got from my hubby while I was cooking dinner with my back to him....

"What is going on with your jeans? They look like the jeans that the school nurse sends a kid home in cuz he had an accident and they are three sizes too big!"

LOL - I think he meant to say... "Hey Hunny...your butt is getting smaller and you will soon have to get some smaller jeans again!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.