Community
Notices

Compliments

Old 03-26-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

I got called 'hot stuff' by a man who is twenty years my junior and was also called 'gorgeous' by a random postman.

I felt like saying, 'who, me?'
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

I had a mini makeover a couple of weeks ago and I was apologising to the girl that she had got me instead of my slim and pretty friend to work on, she looked straight at me and said that I had the most beautiful eyes and good skin and I was to stop putting myself down immediately. She made me feel better about myself and I realised that I didn't make the effort because I felt I couldn't compete so why bother, but now I'm trying a little harder to always look my best.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
I had a mini makeover a couple of weeks ago and I was apologising to the girl that she had got me instead of my slim and pretty friend to work on.
That's really sad, Lizards. But what a wonderful woman for making you realise your own beauty.

Last edited by behaze; 03-29-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

I wore a set of scrubs to work the other day that I hadn't fit into for a while.All day long the surgical residents, and even one attending MD from another department, kept saying I looked pretty and asking me if I had done something different with myself.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

A co-worker said the other day to me "Every day I see you, and every day you look skinnier! It's kind of crazy!"

I had to laugh, because at the time I was actually UP two pounds due to some stubborn water/sodium weight, but it felt good to hear nonetheless!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

I had a good day yesterday with several people commenting on my appearance. One directly about my weight loss, one admiring my suit -- which is 5 years old and I am just getting back into; and one about my tan and looking good. Felt good. I also noticed that I look "thinner" in the mirror. A strange sensation. Mary
Old 05-10-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

One of the teacher's up at the elementary school has taken to calling me "Skinny Mom", which he shouts at the top of his lungs across parking lots and such. Another one of the teacher's calls me "The Incredible Shrinking Woman". It's really sort of funny because both of them are quite a bit thinner than I am.

Another really nice compliment that I've been getting lately is that some of my friends are now on the healthy track and losing weight, and when I tell them how great they look, they say that I was their inspiration. I don't think it gets much better than that.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I was doing my daily lunch time jog (previously my lunch time walk) the other day and this old fellow was out raking his lawn. He said "you're doing great--I've watched you all winter". Kinda funny--I've walked five days a week since September in sun, rain, snow, ice, below 0 cold, you name it and never knew I was being watched.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
I was doing my daily lunch time jog (previously my lunch time walk) the other day and this old fellow was out raking his lawn. He said "you're doing great--I've watched you all winter". Kinda funny--I've walked five days a week since September in sun, rain, snow, ice, below 0 cold, you name it and never knew I was being watched.

Regards,
Michael
Michael, that is awesome!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

I got a compliment today.

So I was getting on the ladder to clean the gutters. To be safe, I asked my 9 year old son to come outside. I said, Michael, can you come out here for a bit? I'm going up on the ladder and I need you here because I'm scared."

So he said to me," It's ok Mommy. You're less fat. You can do it."

To me, this is hilarious. Because he is DEAD SERIOUS.
He's awesome.

Everbest,
Carly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.