Notices

First 5K!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default First 5K!

The most I had ever run in my life before today was 2 miles. But today I just told myself that I could and I should run a 5k, so I did! I just got a treadmill a month ago and I started by jogging a mile at a time...I have gone so far in just 30 days, I am so excited for what the next month will bring! (marathon? jk )

It amazes me how much of it was simply mental, I think that for me 75% of building up to this was actually strenghtening myself up mentally.

But anyways, I love my treadmill, I love my legs and I love life!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

WooHoo!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey, that's a great accomplishment--well done, well done!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lovedogs4ever
The most I had ever run in my life before today was 2 miles. But today I just told myself that I could and I should run a 5k, so I did! I just got a treadmill a month ago and I started by jogging a mile at a time...I have gone so far in just 30 days, I am so excited for what the next month will bring! (marathon? jk )

It amazes me how much of it was simply mental, I think that for me 75% of building up to this was actually strengthening myself up mentally.
Great effort Tamara! Keep on keepin' on! I was never a distance runner either but I challenged myself little by little to overcome my own mental roadblocks. I started slowly, doing interval training, building up the strength and endurance, learning how to breathe correctly while training, and eventually did a 5k and shortly thereafter a 10k and finally accepted a friend's challenge a few months later and ran a mini-marathon....
15.5 miles.....So never doubt yourself. Continue challenging yourself and you will make great things happen!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Does somebody have her runner's high going? Good for you. I'm trying to get ready for my first race in May, but it's getting to be a big mental game with me too. I'll get there, but it's not all going to be pretty.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lovedogs4ever

It amazes me how much of it was simply mental, I think that for me 75% of building up to this was actually strenghtening myself up mentally.

But anyways, I love my treadmill, I love my legs and I love life!
Yay for you!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

That's wonderful! Good for you. I wish I could run - sadly, I'm all chicken when running, neck bobbing, knees knocking, the fear I'm going to go butt over face any moment . . . only makes my respect for you and all the runners out there increase!

Woo!