Notices

Ok canary52, you asked for it!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Lol! The title does sound like I was calling you out!

I didn't really want to post them but figured I why not, I wouldn't mind hearing what people thought. I have a few days a month that I don't log because I plan a killer cheat!

I'm not big on cooking plus I hate food shopping but I will occasionally make a huge amount of veggie food from scratch and freeze it all.

So how about posting a typical day for you?
I can't figure out how to transfer it the way you did. I am so computer illiterate it's not even funny. I tried hitting "control c" but it came out hard to read.

The thing I noticed about your diet is that it is low in calories and a bit heavy on the convenience veggie food. I love convenience food; I just have to be careful about the sugar and the sodium (not that I always am.) I also eat more calories and work out less than you do. Heavy sigh.

But tell how to post a day or more and I will. Time for Canary to come clean! I'm always asking others. And believe me, my diet varies from pretty good to crap. That title was a throwdown! JK LOL

Last edited by canary52; 01-12-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
I can't figure out how to transfer it the way you did. I am so computer illiterate it's not even funny. I tried hitting "control c" but it came out hard to read.

The thing I noticed about your diet is that it is low in calories and a bit heavy on the convenience veggie food. I love convenience food; I just have to be careful about the sugar and the sodium (not that I always am.) I also eat more calories and work out less than you do. Heavy sigh.

But tell how to post a day or more and I will. Time for Canary to come clean! I'm always asking others. And believe me, my diet varies from pretty good to crap. That title was a throwdown! JK LOL
I just used the snipping tool to copy my food and posted it as an img.

I do use some convenience foods but less often now since I can make and freeze my own. I probably should have mentioned that a lot are actually custom foods, I just name some of them after the store version so I can find it easier on my foods list.

I should log and post my next big reload cheat day. It would probably shock you!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

[
QUOTE=vabeachgirlNYC;31715]I just used the snipping tool to copy my food and posted it as an img.
It's like another language. What is a snipping tool? What is an img?

I do use some convenience foods but less often now since I can make and freeze my own. I probably should have mentioned that a lot are actually custom foods, I just name some of them after the store version so I can find it easier on my foods list.
You rock, girl. Where the heck do you get custom foods?

I should log and post my next big reload cheat day. It would probably shock you!
Prolly be like one of my regular days! LOL

I want you to know this is the first time I figured out how to multi quote or whatever. Not the brighest techno bulb in the box I. But I am, all modesty aside, cute as a bug's ear. And I say this being neither young nor skinny.

Last edited by canary52; 01-12-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Boca and Morning Star are the fast food for vegetarians! I love MS's veggie patties but eat the other stuff less often now since there are healthier, better tasting options available here...
I'm really bad about the processed food in general but the vegan boca burgers and spicy chx pattie have really saved me. I love the idea of ordering vegan "meat" in bulk from a restaurant. I've downloaded a few sietan recipes but haven't attempted it yet.

To join in I've included a few days from this week. The second day has more protein then I've been able to handle for awhile.. but I was craving it and thankfully my pancreas didn't freak out. YAY

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image002-1.jpg (41.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

It's like another language. What is a snipping tool? What is an img?
I didn't know about the snipping tool... although it sounds a hell of a lot easier! Although, I have an ancient computer.

I went to the food log I wanted on fitday, then pressed the Print Screen/SysRq key (upper right hand corner near the insert key), then opened wordpad, then pressed CTRL and V at the same time (this will insert the image of your compuer screen at the time you pressed the Print screen key), then I saved that file as a webpage instead of rich text format (there's the place you name the file, and the formats for saving are in a drop box right below that).

THEN, I went to my photobucket account, uploaded the saved webpage file, cropped out everything except for the foodlog and saved the html address.

Come back here, quote reply, hit the insert image button up top, entered the saved html address from photobucket and Walah!

And as embarassing as it is, I'm SURE there's a quicker way but I don't know if my computer has the b*lls to do it.

Okay, I'm going to stop thinking about food and typing. <3
Old 01-13-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...nderType=Print

The best I could do was put it in as a link. Here's yesterday, representative or not. The chicken soup, the (white) bread and the fish were homemade. The crabcake was made of good stuff from a great fish store, where the fish came from. I usually avoid fried food; I eat grilled fish usually at least two times (or more) a week. When I have more time I will add another day or two, if anyone wants to see.

Thanks Baltimoron, I couldn't have gotten this far without your hints. Thanks to you too, Vabeachgirl, for making me "come clean" on showing my log!!!

Last edited by canary52; 01-13-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodLo...nderType=Print
The best I could do was put it in as a link.
Thanks Baltimoron, I couldn't have gotten this far without your hints. Thanks to you too, Vabeachgirl, for making me "come clean" on showing my log!!!
I had to laugh because when I clicked on your link, this is what I got...

And just go under your start menu's search to see if you have the snipping tool. I love it. Way easier than screen shot, baltimoron!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by baltimoron
I'm really bad about the processed food in general but the vegan boca burgers and spicy chx pattie have really saved me. I love the idea of ordering vegan "meat" in bulk from a restaurant. I've downloaded a few sietan recipes but haven't attempted it yet.

To join in I've included a few days from this week. The second day has more protein then I've been able to handle for awhile.. but I was craving it and thankfully my pancreas didn't freak out. YAY
How come you can't have more protein?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
FitDay Member

I had to laugh because when I clicked on your link, this is what I got...

And just go under your start menu's search to see if you have the snipping tool. I love it. Way easier than screen shot, baltimoron!
That's funny becasue it's not even mine. I don't know how to use photo bucket so I just put it in as a link. I have a PC using windows, maybe that is the trouble?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

The snipping tool is included in Windows Vista and Window 7 (and XP Tablet Edition). If you have XP or something even more ancient, you'll have to either use PrintScreen or intall another program.

MWsnap works really well--I have it on my laptop (running XP). It is freeware and can be obtained here:

Mirek's Free Windows Software

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.