Notices

I am no longer obese!

Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default I am no longer obese!

As of 5 minutes ago I weighed in at 214 lbs. For my height that means I am no longer obese, but over weight (I had to lose 86 pounds just to be fat, I suppose). I am so excited, but I'm not sure how to celebrate (a cake seems like the wrong way).

When I first logged on here on April 12 I was 300 pounds and morbidly obese. My health problems were too numerous to mention. Less than five months later, here I am. My life has changed. Nobody loves me more or less, but I feel better physically and emotionally.

I am going to wear a new suit to work tomorrow. I think that's a good way to celebrate.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Yay!! Congratulations!!

Definitely celebrate! I think it helps you get more excited about your next goal. I do celebrate with food, but a lot of people on here can't handle the backslide from it...and that makes total sense.

I also celebrate by buying a new pair of jeans (usually from a thrift store/goodwill/salvation army). Definitely buy them cheap because you won't be this weight for long! Congrats again, you are doing awesome!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Congratulations!!!! And I think new clothes is a great way to celebrate!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Awesome

Keep up the great work!! You are very inspiring!! Thanks for sharing your journey!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:18 PM

that's fabulous! congratulations! you should be VERY proud of yourself. go to work and rock that new suit!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I am inspired!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

SUPER JOB MATTYMATH,

So very inspirational. Yes, I think a new suit is just the thing. But as others have mentioned, don't invest too much in that suit - I am sure you will be shrinking right out of in in a couple/3 months!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Matty

I'm sure that you are an awesome inspiration for your students! Through your dedication and determination you are proving that if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything .

As for ways to celebrate... the clothes are always a great choice, but I also try to do some activity that I couldn't do before because I got winded to quickly. I go to a tall building and walk/run up all the stairs to see how long it takes. (I use that as a recurring celebration by timing it with each new milestone I hit. I use the back stairs of a 15 story hospital near me. It's always the same location, and climate controlled, so I have an accurate gage instead of doing something outside that can be affected by weather conditions.)

Great going, you continue to inspire me
Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Truly impressive :)

Originally Posted by mattymath
I am going to wear a new suit to work tomorrow. I think that's a good way to celebrate.
Wow, congrats on losing 86 pounds in five months. You will go all the way. Feels good to wear clothes we wouldn't have dreamed of wearing only months ago. Keep enjoying your success
Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thats Awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.