Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wedding bands

Funny... I have started wearing mine on my right hand. Because I am right handed my fingers are a little bigger. A couple of weeks ago before I switched hands, it slipped off while I was dumping a big pile of garden clippings. I ended up having to dump one of those giant wheely trash bins in order to find it . But I did.

I am waiting for the last 10lbs before going to get it refitted for good. Then I'll have an added marker and incentive not to gain those hard fought pounds back!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

I planned on cheating today for breakfast, all week by eating a doughnut for breakfast and I didn't! I had whole wheat cereal, skim milk, and a banana instead and I am not even craving the doughnut. This new lifestyle has finally been accepted by my brain!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

I just noticed that when I stand with my knees together, my ankles actually touch. When I started, my feet would still be a couple inches apart when my knees were together. Yay for vanishing leg fat!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Just a week in to it, now. Started at 160lbs, goal is to lose about 35. I'm Aussie and go by kgs, so I think that's right - 72.9kg to start, goal 52kg.

To set up, I have ditched all the rubbish I used to eat, cut out the bread and obvious carbs and started to eat tonnes of fruit and vegetables for all meals and snacks. I'm also aiming for 1.5 to 2 hours of exercise per day.

Small accomplishments for this week:
Muscle definition in my thighs, calves and triceps
Feel stronger
Can easily refuse ice cream and biscuits (cookies) - still got a ways to go with chocolate and wine, though!
Can walk from the shed to the house (about 100m) and climb the stairs at the end without puffing and panting
Can dance around with my baby boy for longer
Might just be my imagination, but a little less cellulite? I'm gonna say that's right, 'coz it makes me feel good to think it is
'Pointy' thighs gone!
Cut down from about 10 cigarettes a day to about 2-4, simply because I don't want them.

A meagre week can do so much when you're committed to getting yourself healthy again. I'm weighing once a week, so tomorrow I will see if I have actually lost any weight. If not, I don't think I'll be discouraged - I feel so much better already.

This thread was a fantastic idea. I read every post and just got all goosebumpy at the achievements everyone has made and how happy you all sound. Keep up the good work!

Just weighed in at a 3.3lb (1.5kg) loss. Woo!

Last edited by behaze; 02-07-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Weighed In!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

I started this thread back just over a year ago, and I know my posting style is somewhat frivolous, but the theme was for real. Starting this journey it seems like such a long road ahead, and it is the little things that mean so much and keep us going.

A huge well done to everyone on achievements big and small. Never give up, you can achieve your ultimate goals. But the little ones are what gives us the encouragement and incentive we need to keep going!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gallusgal
I started this thread back just over a year ago, and I know my posting style is somewhat frivolous, but the theme was for real. Starting this journey it seems like such a long road ahead, and it is the little things that mean so much and keep us going.

A huge well done to everyone on achievements big and small. Never give up, you can achieve your ultimate goals. But the little ones are what gives us the encouragement and incentive we need to keep going!
nice to see that you check in on this side from time to time.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

This thread has been quiet for a while, so:

Went to Wally World the other day and noticed winter clothing marked down to half price. The 3X quilted shirt w/hood I bought in the fall was getting pretty baggy so I tried on (never imagining it would fit) a regular XL one. Yup, it zipped right up . Now, it is a big snug when I sit down and my fat expands but very wearable. A far cry from the 6x jacket I was wearing at this time last year!

Let's hear some more little achievements!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Getting catalogs for summer clothing is actually an enjoyable experience instead of a guilt trip of shame...and I even went straight to the bikini page this year .
Old 03-03-2011, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Today I was able to wear a suit I have not been able to fit into this winter. My other clothes are also more comfortable. I joined Fitday in January because all my clothes were getting too small and I had thrown out all my larger clothes in 2006 when I lost weight. I WAS NOT GOING TO BUY BIGGER ONES AGAIN!!! There are several other items in my closet I hope to be able to wear before spring. Mary
Old 03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
FitDay Member

I have an underbust corset which was looking rather unflattering on me (think eeeew-age from top and bottom of said corset). Two days ago, I tried it on again (last time tried Jan 2011) and now I need a smaller corset. That is a very good feeling, indeed.

Also, when looking side-on in a mirror, I have a butt going down to a small 'between-butt-and-hamstring' area of fat and then my hamstrings, which are quite nicely curved, if I do say so myself. A month ago, it melded from butt to hamstring and nothing between but a big blob of fat, indiscriminate from butt and hamstring. Woo for me!

And then there's the unmistakable attention from my better half. Can't go wrong there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.