Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 11-15-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

What a wonderful thread! Thanks so much for all the motivational reading!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

I love it that now I can look at pictures of myself without feeling awful. I enjoy seeing the "new"me". Before I hated pictures and how I looked, but now I am starting to look like a normal person! Yay!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:54 PM
FitDay Member

Fantastic thread!

20 lbs lost in four months. Successes for me:

Like the OP, I recovered my cheekbones - feeling womanlike again!

Fave snug cap-sleeved T is now a cowl neck tunic. Am buying clothes in M instead of L/XL for the first time in years.

Inner thighs looking shapelier. Amazing. Unpredicted.

Seeing a photo of myself in July and thinking, 'different person'.

Got back on the wagon, despite being knocked back twice, by a foot injury and a long bout with bronchitis, in which time I ate abominably.

Being measured about my approach to all this. I've gone gung ho in the past and paid the price - this time round, I'm pacing myself.

Great, this is great!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

I have a few old pair of pants/shirts from my very first job (when I was 16, almost 10 years ago) that almost fit now.

I remember at my fattest I got out of breath walking up 1-2 floors of stairs, now I can "jog" up them and still not be winded.

Also I used to have a hard time bending down and standing on 1 leg to put socks/shoes on, and now I can easily touch my palm to my toes.

That stuff sounds really bad now, but at the time it all seemed "normal". Denial is a powerful thing I guess.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, well done guys, amazing successes! And it is so encouraging to see your changes pay off... they become easier and easier as time goes by. Kudos to everyone, little achievements lead to BIG successes in the long run
Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Took a bath the other day, first time in a long time. Didn't have any bits sticking up out of the water
Old 12-29-2010, 10:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did some "closet shopping" today. I found some 2x shirts that fit pretty well, though I tend to be a 2x chest and 3x around the belly. I should probably get rid of the 6-8x shirts and size 60 Levis I was wearing back in May.

Can't button my size 44 Levis yet, but in a month or two I'm sure they'll fit.

Luckily I have clothes in all sizes (most in L and XL) packed away. It's always an adventure to see what fits.

Oh, got a 2x Lands End down vest for Christmas and can actually snap it (a bit snug around the belly, but it snapped nonetheless).

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Im a returning member. I feel off the wagon and im back on track now. wow...congratulations on the weight loss...besides the 1500 calorie limit...what else are you doing?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ubunsc
Im a returning member. I feel off the wagon and im back on track now. wow...congratulations on the weight loss...besides the 1500 calorie limit...what else are you doing?
Hey, welcome back. And thanks for the congrats, though I still have a long way to go to get to my ultimate goal.

Counting calories is pretty much what I do. I stay between 1500 and 1600 a day. I try to keep carbs/fat/protein around 40/30/30% on average. I avoid simple carbs and don't do any sweets (which are one of my downfalls). Drink plenty of water and do some sort of exercise daily (now that I can walk more than a few feet w/o stopping to rest).

That's pretty much it. Only another 125 pounds or so to go!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-29-2010, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

That is awesome, I sure hope I have the same success as you do. I have about 170lbs to lose..ughh. :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.