Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Community
Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Michael,
That's super. I got a little giggle thinking about how pleased you must have been to jog back home. Wow, you are really starting to rack up the achievements - Well done!

Pam
Old 03-27-2011, 09:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Michael,
That's super. I got a little giggle thinking about how pleased you must have been to jog back home. Wow, you are really starting to rack up the achievements - Well done!

Pam
Thanks, Pam. I kind of like jogging but my knees and ankles have had so much wear and tear supporting 400+ pounds around for so many years that I don't want to make them any worse.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, Michael! I love it when clothes that didn't fit start to fit again! When I took my dog for a walk this morning, my formerly tight jeans started to slide down over my hips, so I had to hoist them a couple of times. Might have to invest in a belt.

Maybe I'll just use a piece of parachute cord and cut off the excess as I get thinner. LOL!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
Congratulations, Michael! I love it when clothes that didn't fit start to fit again! When I took my dog for a walk this morning, my formerly tight jeans started to slide down over my hips, so I had to hoist them a couple of times. Might have to invest in a belt.

Maybe I'll just use a piece of parachute cord and cut off the excess as I get thinner. LOL!
Ha ha--that's funny--it'd be like Elly May Clampette and her piece of rope for a belt. I always used to buy those 72" web belts so you could easily keep letting them out. My leather belt now goes (literally) half-way around my side.

I do like to go closet shopping from time to time. Once I get down to a comfortable regular XL I've got a ton of clothes waiting. My upper chest is already XL (perhaps even L) but down around the belly is still 2XL. One of my summer goals is to be able to zip up my leather motorcycle jacket--it's a pretty snug size 40, IIRC.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
One of my summer goals is to be able to zip up my leather motorcycle jacket--it's a pretty snug size 40, IIRC.

Regards,
Michael

Hey, we want photos! Gotta see the Michael in leathers!

pa,
Old 03-28-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hey, we want photos! Gotta see the Michael in leathers!

pam
It's a deal--the day it zips up and I can still breath I'll post a pic. I'll have to dig it out--it's at the back of the closet. It's a Hein Gericke--I bought in in, IIRC, 1985 or thereabouts when I was 21 (and after I'd lost a lot of weight the first time) and was around 175 pounds.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

This morning I got on the scale and found I'd lost another 3+ lb. In spite of the split heel, I got back on the treadmill and managed not to aggravate the situation. ALSO...as I was going out to feed my donkeys, I slipped on a muddy hill and landed on my butt. Ordinarily, getting up is a project. I look like a walrus trying to move around on solid ground and have to heave myself awkwardly to my knees, then push myself up. Well, guess what...THIS time, I just GOT UP. No heaving. No pushing. No heavy breathing. Just...GOT UP! If you're more than a few pounds overweight, you'll appreciate what that means. My BMI is now only 3 points into the obese range, and falling. Looking forward to being "merely overweight" soon! I'm thrilled.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ratsmouth, that's about the best testimonial for dropping the pounds I have read in quite a while!
How great is that! To just put your feet down and stand up - many congrats. Keep up the good work, you will be out of the obese range before you know it.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's awesome to be able to get up w/o a big production. I've been "beached" in the past--let me say that it's pretty tough to get off the ground if you're over 400 lbs! If you don't have a stool or something to grab ahold of, it's not good.

At 260ish I still don't hop up like a gymnist, but I CAN get up w/o too much trouble. Congrats to you on the achievement!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

I am a 5'3" female that started losing weight on January 19, 2011. I started at 205 and could not barely do 1 set of 10 when I started. Today, I am down to 169 and dropped 2 pants sizes, can see my cheeckbones, dropped a shirt size, and can now jog half a mile without stopping to catch my breath. My goal is 120 and when I get there I get there. My goal is June, and I know that is a little ambitious, but I have set little goals for myself. The pluses I have seen are more than enough to keep me going!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.